Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 865 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58  Next
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I never could get nekotool to work here - just complains about improper usage of grep :/

All Rights Reserved.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:43 pm 

nekonoko wrote:
I never could get nekotool to work here - just complains about improper usage of grep :/

Its my nekotool.php :). I hacked some php for a easier living :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:32 pm 

nekonoko wrote:
Cool! Only issue I can see off the bat is that none of the prereqs are taken into account for the GIMP plugins in /usr/nekoware/lib/gimp/2.0/* - let's take one at random:

Code:
[Mai:gimp/2.0/plug-ins] neko 16# ldd ./tiff
        libgimpui-2.0.so.1  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpui-2.0.so.1   
        libgimp-2.0.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimp-2.0.so.1     
        libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.1     
        libgimpmodule-2.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpmodule-2.0.so.1       
        libgimpcolor-2.0.so.1  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpcolor-2.0.so.1       
        libgimpbase-2.0.so.1  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libgimpbase-2.0.so.1
        libtiff.so.3  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libtiff.so.3
        libjpeg.so  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libjpeg.so   
        libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1 
        libgdk-x11-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.1 
        libatk-1.0.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libatk-1.0.so.1     
        libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1       
        libpangocairo-1.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.1       
        libpangoft2-1.0.so.1  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.1
        libpango-1.0.so.1  =>    /usr/nekoware/lib/libpango-1.0.so.1   
        libcairo.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libcairo.so.3       
        libpixman.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libpixman.so.1       
        libXrender.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libXrender.so.1     
        libX11.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libX11.so.1
        libpng12.so.0  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libpng12.so.0       
        libglitz.so.2  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libglitz.so.2       
        libfontconfig.so.2  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libfontconfig.so.2   
        libexpat.so.1  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libexpat.so.1       
        libfreetype.so.7  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libfreetype.so.7     
        libz.so  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libz.so     
        libm.so  =>      /usr/lib32/libm.so     
        libgobject-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.1 
        libgmodule-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.1 
        libglib-2.0.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libglib-2.0.so.1     
        libintl.so.4  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libintl.so.4
        libiconv.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libiconv.so.3       
        libc.so.1  =>    /usr/lib32/libc.so.1   
        libCsup.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libCsup.so 
        libC.so.2  =>    /usr/lib32/libC.so.2   
        libCio.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libCio.so.1
        libXext.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libXext.so

Granted, some of those are recursive but there's a lot more there than the package is allowing for at present ;)

Believe it or not, with maybe the exception of pixmap/glitz, all those are in or prereq's of neko_gtk. (BTW, the last packing had no prereq's listed :))
Perhaps other plugins are different. I'll take a look next week.

EDIT:

I resisted listing perl/python since the package will function without plugins or scripting. Again, same as last 4 versions. Also, the self dependacies is something I also had never added before and purposly left out in the first nekoware issue (but thought I had added in this case...hmmm...probably forgot the apply button inn swpkg!).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:42 am 

squeen wrote:
I resisted listing perl/python since the package will function without plugins or scripting.

isn't it possible to package the plugins in neko_gimp.sw.plugins and then do let that one have the dependencies on perl & python?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:45 am 

Squeen, please tell me that you only have forget to add the missing preqs in this package and maybe others. Dont say this is your prefered way for handling preqs.

If youe apps neko_foobar have a dep to neko_foo and neko_bar and you only add neko_foo to the deps because neko_foo already have a dep to neko_bar this isnt the right way.

If your neko_foo is a older package it might be possible that its also referering to lower version of the package as your current application neko_bar is link against.

whiter wrote:
squeen wrote:
I resisted listing perl/python since the package will function without plugins or scripting.

isn't it possible to package the plugins in neko_gimp.sw.plugins and then do let that one have the dependencies on perl & python?

Sounds like a good idea but next questions is make it sence to mark this package as a default one. Also a questions how usabe gimp comes without these plugins.

regards
Joerg

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:16 am 

squeen wrote:
Not wanting to miss out on the renaissance in nekoware upgrades I put together the following 2-12's

neko_glib-2.12.2
neko_gimp-2.2.12

The glib rebuild fixes my long standing problem with GIMP (ie. I couldn't load any files with a memory error, in fact I couldn't even build GIMP until I replaced glib).
They're in /beta. Please give them a whirl. :)

That's strange, I never got the memory error before.

Just installed glib-2.12.2 and am now get the memory error (cannot load any files). I also get the memory error in foetz's gimp-2.2.12 build with this new glib.

Reverting back to glib-2.8.4 fixed the problems.

Apple iBook G4, 1.2ghz G4, ATI 9200, 768MB RAM, 80GB.
HP c8000, 1.1Ghz Dual Core PA-8900, ATI FireGL X3, 6GB RAM, 2x73GB

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:11 pm 

thunng8 wrote:

Just installed glib-2.12.2 and am now get the memory error (cannot load any files). I also get the memory error in foetz's gimp-2.2.12 build with this new glib.

I was wondering why more folks weren't complaining about the GIMP being broken. I have 2 systems (an Octane and Tezro) runing 6.5.29 that had the same memory error problem. What version of OS are you using? Again, I'm wondering if a serious incompatability exists!?! Oh, also I'm compiling with 7.4.4m. Anyone else with and experience to share?

@joerg: About prereqs: If an app as a prereq of GTK like the GIMP does, I do not feel it is a good idea to add all of GTK's prereq's to the GIMP. That's the way all the original nekoware wer packaged.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:19 pm 

squeen wrote:
@joerg: About prereqs: If an app as a prereq of GTK like the GIMP does, I do not feel it is a good idea to add all of GTK's prereq's to the GIMP. That's the way all the original nekoware wer packaged.

Haeh?
All libs which are shown from a ldd foo.so have to be in the prereqs. No more and no less. Thats the way how sgis swpkg works and i hope the most of our packages used it in this ways.

regards
Joerg

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:35 pm 

squeen wrote:
I was wondering why more folks weren't complaining about the GIMP being broken. I have 2 systems (an Octane and Tezro) runing 6.5.29 that had the same memory error problem. What version of OS are you using? Again, I'm wondering if a serious incompatability exists!?! Oh, also I'm compiling with 7.4.4m. Anyone else with and experience to share?

I had the same issue ages ago with an older glib/gimp combination. It appeared after i updated my ex-Octane from EMXI to V6 and hence updating parts of the os installation. Thinking the update simply wasn't perfectly complete i took the safe route and did an 'install same' of the complete os installation. That fixed it.. looking back i'm beginning to think this could be the rqs issue, chervarium covered again lately: http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?t=10959

The current build works great for me so far, thanks :-)

Quote:

i'm seriously prefering the route of adding all linked shared libs as direct prereqs. The above way of indirect prereqs will always be less robust (and more error-prone) unless you make sure the package you inherit the prereqs from really has the currently installed package of the .so in question as prereq (and not some older package version)..

And isn't actually a lot more work to separate all indirect prereqs that way too?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

squeen wrote:
thunng8 wrote:

I haven't had any problems with GIMP (that I can see anyway) - I also have your new glib installed with no visible issues. IRIX 6.5.29 on a Fuel here.

All Rights Reserved.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:23 pm 

squeen wrote:

I'm running 6.5.29 on my Octane2. Was running 6.5.27. Never had the memory problems before. Only occurred when I installed the new glib. Very weird.

Apple iBook G4, 1.2ghz G4, ATI 9200, 768MB RAM, 80GB.
HP c8000, 1.1Ghz Dual Core PA-8900, ATI FireGL X3, 6GB RAM, 2x73GB

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:13 pm 

On the GIMP/GTK issue. I read the nice write up on rqs that chervarium wrote and that combined with some checks stuart had me do with gmemusage and GIMP I think it's pretty likely close to target. I want to make sure I understand the issue correctly so I can "rectify" whatever machine is in a non-standard state. Is it the opinion of others that the packages are not and cannot be twisted, just the install system(s)?

Edit: Another thought...could the rqs explain why I couldn't even build the GIMP? (damn, I wished I'd recorded the error message).

Joerg wrote:
All libs which are shown from a ldd foo.so have to be in the prereqs. No more and no less. Thats the way how sgis swpkg works and i hope the most of our packages used it in this ways.

Taking a hard line, eh? I think I'd best wait a bit before responding.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:11 pm 

Schleusel mentioned during an IRC session that his new neko_db4-4.4.2 package, which is currently located in /beta comes with a libdb-4.4.so and not with a libdb-4.3.so anymore. This breaks some apps because they links against libdb-4.3.so and not against libdb-4.so

We take a look into the specs files and see the following packages with uses db4 as a direct prereq.

neko_kdesdk
neko_kdevelop
neko_openldap
neko_php5
neko_webalizer

Both kde apps links against libdb-4.so and arent effected but all the other breaks. Maybe there are a few more outthere....

Edit:
On of the submodule of kdevelop (r++)links against the old libdb.

The new neko_imagemagick also breaks neko_php5_imagick because it dont provide the needed libWand.so.7.

As a temporary help its possible to create a symlink which point to the right file ... but that is only a workaround.

I have uploaded newer versions of openldap and php5 which uses the db4-4.20.

Btw. it would be fine if a note would be postet in this thread if some uploaded into /beta, or whats more importent directly into the /current dir. Silent upgrades of a base library should be announced in some way so its possible to create the right prereqs for new packages.

regards
Joerg

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:32 am 

Placed neko_dia-0.95 into /beta. It has whiter's new neko_perl_xml dependancy.

Still looking into the rqs issue...as well as xft.

Post subject: Dia!
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:01 am 

squeen wrote:
Placed neko_dia-0.95 into /beta. It has whiter's new neko_perl_xml dependancy.

Still looking into the rqs issue...as well as xft.

Cool!; I'm a big fan and user for Dia!; Thanks a lot! ;)

About libxft: ...last night I've experienced some weird behavior on Mozilla Composer. After edited some simple HTML page, the characters appears to be corrupted at one floating window (Create Link), and the whole content at the main Composer window appeared to be with some paragraphs randomly deleted. I've saved these file with a different filename, to close Composer. Once I've re-opened Composer, opened these new file, and everything was there, no randomly deleted paragraphs, and no problems at all.

So, my question is: -Since Mozilla depends on the same libxft which already brings problems to FLTK/Fluid; are we facing here the same troubles?

https://www.facebook.com/GeekTronix
https://geekli.st/GeekTronixShop
https://www.rebelmouse.com/GeekTronixShop/
http://twitter.com/GeekTronixShop
http://www.youtube.com/GeekTronixStream

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 865 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58  Next