What to do with a VW320?

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
HurricaneJames

Re: What to do with a VW320?

Unread postby HurricaneJames » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Yeah, that is what I decided to do. I found a binder with some old graphics tools I used back in the day. I'm going to see if any of the CDs are still readable this weekend.
:320: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Octane: :Octane: Image

spiroyster
Donor
Donor

Unread postby spiroyster » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:49 am

HurricaneJames wrote:I promised pictures! ...

Nice! ...but wait, no sgi branded cheap plastic charcol mouse? Nice mouse mat though, not seen that one before o.0.

Did your cardboard 'folder' in the background come with a cover? I have two, but never seen the outside of them.

Shame about the bug/stylised logo mismatch. I got the opposite problem, bug style 1600sw with 'sgi' 540 case. Would love to get a 540 front with bug logo :cry:

HurricaneJames

Unread postby HurricaneJames » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:48 am

spiroyster wrote:Nice! ...but wait, no sgi branded cheap plastic charcol mouse? Nice mouse mat though, not seen that one before o.0.

Sadly, no mouse. It came with a Microsoft mouse. Apparently the original owner disliked the original mouse and threw it away. :roll:

spiroyster wrote:Did your cardboard 'folder' in the background come with a cover? I have two, but never seen the outside of them.

The white box with the documents? I didn't know those ever came with covers.

spiroyster wrote:Shame about the bug/stylised logo mismatch. I got the opposite problem, bug style 1600sw with 'sgi' 540 case. Would love to get a 540 front with bug logo :cry:

The machine came with a mismatched 1600sw, however I picked up an original bug logo'd 1600sw a while back. It does not work, and the case is a little beat up, but I think I can rehab the case. One day I will probably swap the plastic from the older 1600sw onto the working "sgi" branded screen.
:320: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Octane: :Octane: Image

spiroyster
Donor
Donor

Unread postby spiroyster » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:58 am

HurricaneJames wrote:
spiroyster wrote:Nice! ...but wait, no sgi branded cheap plastic charcol mouse? Nice mouse mat though, not seen that one before o.0.

Sadly, no mouse. It came with a Microsoft mouse. Apparently the original owner disliked the original mouse and threw it away. :roll:

understandable.

HurricaneJames wrote:
spiroyster wrote:Did your cardboard 'folder' in the background come with a cover? I have two, but never seen the outside of them.

The white box with the documents? I didn't know those ever came with covers.

good good, I'm not missing out then :)

HurricaneJames wrote:
spiroyster wrote:Shame about the bug/stylised logo mismatch. I got the opposite problem, bug style 1600sw with 'sgi' 540 case. Would love to get a 540 front with bug logo :cry:

The machine came with a mismatched 1600sw, however I picked up an original bug logo'd 1600sw a while back. It does not work, and the case is a little beat up, but I think I can rehab the case. One day I will probably swap the plastic from the older 1600sw onto the working "sgi" branded screen.

Shame your not in the UK, I have 5 of the bloody things :roll:

I just really can't be arsed to buy another just because of the paintjob. It's like my life is a constant battle between a little OCD :twisted:, on one shoulder, and a non-OCD :twisted: on the other. No angles in my life. [EDIT: eek typo... Or should I say, ONLY angles in my life... linear please!]

Return to “SGI: Discussion”