Settling an argument at work

For friendly off topic discussion not covered in a forum above.
Forum rules
No politics, please.

Your account is empty - what should the app say?

your balance is $0.00
81%
you have $0.00
No votes
you have no money
No votes
your account is empty
8%
I hope you have other means
12%

Total votes: 26

Alien

Re: Settling an argument at work

Unread postby Alien » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:17 am

Oskar45 wrote:
hamei wrote:I am so glad I use Irix. One of the nicest things about it is that the help-you crap is kept to a minimum. It just does what I ask it to do. Yay ! An operating system and applications that aren't 'targetted' at kindergarteners !
Yes, you are quite right. However, when upon compiling with MipsPro I get a message like "error code x(buyz)" I certainly haven't asked for that and so a bit of help-you crap would help me there quite. But, of course, you know all the codes by heart and don't need any help at all - how I envy you :-)
Fair point, although I would be seriously annoyed if, say, a compiler spewed the entire man page for each error code to stderr on every occurence.

.tsooJ
:Crimson: :Crimson: :O2000: :540: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :320: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
Based on its small physical dimensions and quiet operation, the chassis fits into a normal office environment.
— Crimson Owner's Guide

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Oskar45 wrote:Yes, you are quite right. However, when upon compiling with MipsPro I get a message like "error code x(buyz)" I certainly haven't asked for that and so a bit of help-you crap would help me there quite. But, of course, you know all the codes by heart and don't need any help at all - how I envy you :-)

If you can't tell the difference between an error message from a compiler and a "did you want fries with that ? Care to order the large size, sir ? It's only five dollars more and you get twelve, yes twelve gallons more Coke !" then there is no hope for you.

Oskar45

Unread postby Oskar45 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:29 am

hamei wrote:
Oskar45 wrote:Yes, you are quite right. However, when upon compiling with MipsPro I get a message like "error code x(buyz)" I certainly haven't asked for that and so a bit of help-you crap would help me there quite. But, of course, you know all the codes by heart and don't need any help at all - how I envy you :-)

If you can't tell the difference between an error message from a compiler and a "did you want fries with that ? Care to order the large size, sir ? It's only five dollars more and you get twelve, yes twelve gallons more Coke !" then there is no hope for you.
LOL.
If man would have been created out of the rib of a woman - how different would the world be?

Return to “Everything Else”