Settling an argument at work

For friendly off topic discussion not covered in a forum above.
Forum rules
No politics, please.

Your account is empty - what should the app say?

your balance is $0.00
81%
you have $0.00
No votes
you have no money
No votes
your account is empty
8%
I hope you have other means
12%

Total votes: 26

Alien

Re: Settling an argument at work

Unread postby Alien » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:17 am

Oskar45 wrote:
hamei wrote:I am so glad I use Irix. One of the nicest things about it is that the help-you crap is kept to a minimum. It just does what I ask it to do. Yay ! An operating system and applications that aren't 'targetted' at kindergarteners !
Yes, you are quite right. However, when upon compiling with MipsPro I get a message like "error code x(buyz)" I certainly haven't asked for that and so a bit of help-you crap would help me there quite. But, of course, you know all the codes by heart and don't need any help at all - how I envy you :-)
Fair point, although I would be seriously annoyed if, say, a compiler spewed the entire man page for each error code to stderr on every occurence.

.tsooJ
:Crimson: :Crimson: :O2000: :540: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :320: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
Based on its small physical dimensions and quiet operation, the chassis fits into a normal office environment.
— Crimson Owner's Guide

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Oskar45 wrote:Yes, you are quite right. However, when upon compiling with MipsPro I get a message like "error code x(buyz)" I certainly haven't asked for that and so a bit of help-you crap would help me there quite. But, of course, you know all the codes by heart and don't need any help at all - how I envy you :-)

If you can't tell the difference between an error message from a compiler and a "did you want fries with that ? Care to order the large size, sir ? It's only five dollars more and you get twelve, yes twelve gallons more Coke !" then there is no hope for you.

Oskar45

Unread postby Oskar45 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:29 am

hamei wrote:
Oskar45 wrote:Yes, you are quite right. However, when upon compiling with MipsPro I get a message like "error code x(buyz)" I certainly haven't asked for that and so a bit of help-you crap would help me there quite. But, of course, you know all the codes by heart and don't need any help at all - how I envy you :-)

If you can't tell the difference between an error message from a compiler and a "did you want fries with that ? Care to order the large size, sir ? It's only five dollars more and you get twelve, yes twelve gallons more Coke !" then there is no hope for you.
LOL.
Curious: the first recorded successful pregnancy brought forth a murderer...

Return to “Everything Else”