Display Maya 6.5 Render Times

3D/2D CGI and the tools used in their creation (Maya, Photoshop, Blender, GIMP, etc.).
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
iffy50

Display Maya 6.5 Render Times

Unread postby iffy50 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:43 pm

I've finally got enough of the good stuff into my Octane to actually try out Maya properly (Go V12!). I've got a few teething troubles as I'm coming at it from much later versions. Obviously there's a load of stuff that just isn't there but hopefully there's a way of getting round some of these things.

So, my question is, in the render view, in later versions it gives you a render time after the image is completed, but not in 6.5 IRIX. Is there a way of measuring this? My dual 300 needs all the optimization that it can get, so it would be good to be able to quantify any changes a little bit more scientifically than 'that felt faster'.

TIA,
Ian

87Porsche

Re: Display Maya 6.5 Render Times

Unread postby 87Porsche » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:31 pm

If you're using Maya's renderer, then start Maya in a shell instead of with the icon. It will display all the details about the render time in the shell.

If you're using Mental Ray's renderer, you have to do a batch render and then open the /maya/mayaRenderLog.txt file to see the render time. It will say 'wall clock X:XX:XX.XX for rendering' about 10-15 lines up from the bottom.

Those are the only two ways I know of. There might be better ways out there.

Return to “SGI: Computer Graphics”