Nekoware-current

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
hamei

Re: Nekoware-current

Unread postby hamei » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:01 pm

Please don't shoot the messenger, has nothing to do with neko's coding skills, this may be something I screwed up and not applicable to anyone else but the latest Firefox on an 800 Fuel, 6.5.30 ran about the same speed as the older one does on my O2 350. Was driving me nuts. I downgraded to the previous version, back to normal.

dennisjunior

Unread postby dennisjunior » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:11 pm

The latest Firefox works good for me. In my opinion same speed as the neko_firefox-2.0.0.20_opt. (Fuel 600mhz)
Thank you!

deBug

Unread postby deBug » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:40 pm

GeneratriX wrote: How would you do that?

Diego, I don't want to clutter up this thread so I created a new thread and continued the discussion there.
http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16721846
Mein Führer, I can walk!

stuart

Unread postby stuart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:33 am

nekonoko wrote:Looks like you're picking up an older version of libsqlite3.so (which lacks the symbol) from /usr/nekoware/lib rather than the bundled version. From your post above:

Code: Select all

libsqlite3.so  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.so

It should be using the libsqlite3.so from /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-2.0.22pre.

Ah...

$ showfiles neko_sqlite3.sw.lib
f 51156 1035268 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.a
f 43620   850 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.la
l     0     0 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.so
l     0     0 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.so.1
f 10472 463796 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite3.so.1.6
f  2537   260 neko_sqlite3.sw.lib   m usr/nekoware/lib/pkgconfig/sqlite3.pc

I installed neko_sqlite3 recently after a check to see what (if any) libraries were missing, and /usr/nekoware/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so has a dependency on /usr/nekoware/lib/libsqlite.so.1.

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:04 am

I've posted neko_openssh-5.3p1.tardist to /beta.

I also put an alternate build in my contrib directory that utilizes the openssl-1.0 beta if anyone (besides myself) is feeling adventurous. The openssl-1.0 beta package (also in my contrib directory) contains a legacy subsystem for openssl-0.9.8 so it shouldn't break anything.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

bplaa.yai

Unread postby bplaa.yai » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:15 am

nekonoko wrote:I've posted neko_openssh-5.3p1.tardist to /beta.

I upgraded from 5.1p1 to 5.3p1 today, everything looks to be running fine, as far as remote shell and pidgin X tunneling goes :)
nekonoko wrote:I also put an alternate build in my contrib directory that utilizes the openssl-1.0 beta if anyone (besides myself) is feeling adventurous. The openssl-1.0 beta package (also in my contrib directory) contains a legacy subsystem for openssl-0.9.8 so it shouldn't break anything.

I didn't feel brave enough to test these !

Thanks for the updates.
:Onyx2: :O2: :O3x0: :O3x0:

stuart

Unread postby stuart » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:51 am

Just a quick note that I've also seen performance problems with the latest Firefox. When running, I've seen cases where my CPU usage jumps to 100% on each processor, with Xsgi also struggling to render the contents of native windows.

However, quitting and restarting Firefox often seems to clear this issue, even when resuming the session and so re-opening the same sites. I've also seen this occur on the very first site opened when freshly started in a new session. Firefox appears to have problems with anything involving text-entry, which appears to be a trigger for these problems.

Even when not misbehaving, Firefox seems noticeably slower than Seamonkey.

stuart

Unread postby stuart » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:31 am

stuart wrote:Even when not misbehaving, Firefox seems noticeably slower than Seamonkey.

... although, after reading another thread, I've just installed FlashBlock, AdBlock Plus and NoSript and it's like another application entirely! Whilst still occasionally laggy in places, it's generally fast enough for daily use. Yay!

(Strangely, if I try to install any add-ons into Seamonkey, it always errors-out saying that it can't update the Chrome registry. All the files within my profile are writable (by me) so I'm not sure what's wrong here. Just me again, or some minor issue with neko_seamonkey?)

deBug

Unread postby deBug » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:40 am

stuart wrote:(Strangely, if I try to install any add-ons into Seamonkey, it always errors-out saying that it can't update the Chrome registry. All the files within my profile are writable (by me) so I'm not sure what's wrong here. Just me again, or some minor issue with neko_seamonkey?)

I have gotten the same error on a Windows machine with Seamonkey, a wild guess is that this happens when one tries to install a new add-on made for the never Firefox 3 system on an old Semonkey?
I haven't verified my guess with testing but at least the problem is not specific to the Nekoware build of Seamonkey.
Mein Führer, I can walk!

recondas

Unread postby recondas » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:39 am

stuart wrote:(Strangely, if I try to install any add-ons into Seamonkey, it always errors-out saying that it can't update the Chrome registry. All the files within my profile are writable (by me) so I'm not sure what's wrong here. Just me again, or some minor issue with neko_seamonkey?)
My guess is that the issue with Seamonkey and add-ons is related to Seamonkey Bug #45701. I ran across the bug trying to track down similar problems with Seamonkey and AdBlock Plus <follow the link to "Why is it impossible to install Adblock Plus into a SeaMonkey profile?">.

If bug #45701 is the cause of the issue with add-ons, then it would appear the issue is endemic to all platforms where an add-on requires XPCOM <so it's not just the nekoware port>. The bug has "won't fix" status, so a direct resolution probably won't come until the next major revision <Seamonkey 2.0?>.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *

dexter1

Unread postby dexter1 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:20 am

neko_python3-3.1.1.tardist is now in /beta
It does not supersede the current neko_python 2.5 since python3 is not compatible with older versions, hence the different name (python3) and version number (1). You can actually install both side by side.

I've created an account at python.org to issue bug reports so hopefully some IRIX stuff will trickle into the codebase soon.

All modules with dependencies are now separately listed and can be installed separately from the python3 core. Obviously Module zlib and bz2 are very valuable and needed, but only a few have sqlite3 or gdbm so they can opt-out for those modules.

I have sufficient ammo for python 2.6.3. but i rather return to firefox dev stuff. Been too long since i had a good look at that.

Go Blender 2.5, go!

dex
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O2000: :Onyx2:
European nekoware mirror, updated twice a day: http://www.mechanics.citg.tudelft.nl/~everdij/nekoware
ftp://mech001.citg.tudelft.nl rsync mech001.citg.tudelft.nl::nekoware

squeen

Unread postby squeen » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:21 am

I had bit of luck today and got some time to sit down in front of the Tzero. :)
I just installed python 2.5.2, openssh 5.3p1, and the latest firefox & thunderbird.

Everything is working like a charm!
Many thanks to Dex and Nekonoko.

stuart

Unread postby stuart » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:48 am

Just a quick note - the new pango-1.26.0 package in beta is still labeled 'pango-1.12.4 GTK2 Core and Text Font Handling'

canavan

Unread postby canavan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:43 am

I've just uploaded a fixed neko_pango to /incoming.

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:38 am

Been running these about a week now with no obvious ill effects :

atk 1.28.0
freetype2 2.3.11
pango 1.26.0

have fontconfig 2.3.2 installed, when I attempt to install 2.7.3 I get

1. neko_fontconfig.sw.lib cannot be installed becacsue of missing prerequisites
Also install neko_freetype2.sw.lib

2.meko_fontconfig.sw.eoe cannot be installed becasue of missing prrequisites
Also install neko_freetype2.sw.lib

Also, I see that i have libtool 2.2.6a and libtool 1.5.26 installed, altho that might be on purpose ? Libtool 2 does not merely update libtool 1, I'd imagine ?

Cairo is at 1.6.4 which compiles fine, newer versions do not :( Cairo is up to 1.8.8 or 1.9.2, depending on your bravery ... nekoware appears to be downlevel but I got this from nekoware so it must be a beta that wasn't acepted. Seems to be okay tho.

Return to “SGI: Development”