Octane / Dual Head

A place to post hardware inventories.
Forum rules
Please post your 'hinv' in the following format:

Topic: Kind of machine (O2, Octane, Tezro, Onyx2, etc.), CPU (R10k 250MHz, R12k 300MHz, R16k 1GHz, etc.), RAM, graphics option (Example: Tezro V12 4xR16K 700MHz 4GB)

Body: output of hinv -v (hinv -vm if possible) and /usr/gfx/gfxinfo.

Please wrap the output in BBCode "code" blocks to improve legibility.
GeneratriX

Re: Octane / Dual Head

Unread postby GeneratriX » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:41 pm

ShadeOfBlue wrote:I will post the schematics & IRIX software when it's done (ironically, my Fuel and Indy are the only computers I own that have a standard PC-style parallel port :)).

Now you got my whole attention! :) ...count me in to beta-test it here with the Octane when it's done. I can assembly the circuit as required! ;)

silicium

Unread postby silicium » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:39 am

nekonoko wrote:Willem programmer myself. Really, really handy device - it's more than paid for itself.

Good luck with this sh!t - I once wasted 100 EUR on a similar poor design that zapped several EPROMs (and collectible 8751's in cerdip package with gold lid), even with running the DOS software on a 486 peecee to avoid *lose*dows. I will never rely on latches hooked to a parallel port to control critical signals like Vpp without any self-test or at least some software test routines with test points on the board to check with oscilloscope. It was eventually honest enough to destroy itself and burned a few transistors onboard. There may be serious programmers on good old parallel port made by Data I/O, but US or EU brands are too expensive for hobbyists... so bought a chinese one: Wellon VP-480. It has a self-test, a serious wall wart power supply, supports many devices, and can test usual logic gates. One year later, it's well worth the expense if used more than once a month.
:Indigo2IMP:extreme :Octane2:V8 :O200: :Onyx2:IR2e

GeneratriX

Unread postby GeneratriX » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:00 pm

silicium wrote:Good luck with this sh!t

...mmmhhh, then it seems I had good luck with this one of mine, it always worked like a charm! :P

Return to “SGI: hinv”