Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:50 am 

I failed to repair my 1000w PSU...so i try to replace it by an ATX.

But where to put the 5vsb (standbye) ? and if it is on the first connector (P1) we also need a 3.3vsb (PSU board is labelised 5vse and 3.3vse)...

I try with just 5vsb and the PMG5 don't start (i had to start the PSU manually by shorting ps_on and a ground)...

What do you think ?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:49 pm 

I'd need to know more about the specific design of the PM G5 to answer that question, hopefully someone here has access to one.

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:52 pm 

The pinout of a 1000w is :
P1 : PG, PS_ON, 3.3VSE, 5VSE, GND, GND
P2 : 12VAUD, V12N, 12V, V5S, V5S, V25S, GND, GND, GND, GND
(names are labelised on the PSU board)

That's strange because our standard 5VSB are suppose to be 5VSE or V5S (i try both and a there's a constant light on the logicboard with 5VSE powered by 5VSB)

Can we supposed that V25S or 3.3VSE can be standbye voltage ?

the V25S is for ADC power and the power led (supposed to be constant i think), but i need to supply this voltage by a wall wart (tells few forums about apple G4 / G5 PSU)...i would like to try but i'm not sure where to connect the GND of the wall wart (of course the +25V goes to the V25S of the PSU).

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:27 pm 

dadwarf wrote:
the V25S is for ADC power and the power led (supposed to be constant i think), but i need to supply this voltage by a wall wart (tells few forums about apple G4 / G5 PSU)...i would like to try but i'm not sure where to connect the GND of the wall wart (of course the +25V goes to the V25S of the PSU).

It would be highly unlikely for the ground not to be common with the other PSU ground. It would add needless complexity.

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)