Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Post subject: HP-UX Questions?
Unread postPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:28 am 

Hello,

I've just bought a used C3750 workstation (with a wiped HD), and I also bought a copy of HP-UX 11i v3 off eBay. However, I now understand that v3 does not support workstations and I should have looked for v1 instead.

So, some questions:

Is v3 just 'not supported' on the C3750, or will it outright not work (the media is still in the mail)?

Moderator Edit: Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Post and replies edited to comply with forum rules - please respect those rules if you wish to continue posting here. <recondas>

Post subject: Re: HP-UX Questions?
Unread postPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:09 am 

JohnQMetro wrote:
Is v3 just 'not supported' on the C3750, or will it outright not work (the media is still in the mail)?

No, workstation hardware support was dropped during the v2 series (officially after v1 in the case of PARISC). I've read on usenet that there might be a chance to get v2 going with an FXe card (I havent tried it) on PARISC, but you are best going for 11i v1, which supports the hardware officially.