Octane Demos

3D/2D CGI and the tools used in their creation (Maya, Photoshop, Blender, GIMP, etc.).
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
ss4

Octane Demos

Unread postby ss4 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:40 am

Hello,my octane had irix installed with some demos,like dolphins etc..i have reinstalled irix to have a clean os and to learn the irix setup,(is my first sgi),at this point i have a fresh 6.5.30 and i can't find any usefull iso to install demos,i have found only 1,but say me i need some dependencies to proceed the install....demos.sw.base and more,and these dependencies are missing in that iso,no others demos iso are available on the net,any one can help me find what i need please?

jan-jaap

Re: Octane Demos

Unread postby jan-jaap » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:50 am

The demos you are referring to are on the application disk from the 'base' 6.5 distribution (from June '98)
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2:(2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum: almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted: GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)

Return to “SGI: Computer Graphics”