Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Forum rules


Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:03 am
Posts: 258
Location: Poland
I don't know if it was posted before, but in case it wasn't - it's time for a little quiz. What movie is this?

Attachment:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png [ 191.16 KiB | Viewed 437 times ]


It's not a fake :D

p.s. I've seen this movie several times, and only now noticed.

_________________
Image * Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:41 am
Posts: 153
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Ummm, I have no idea but is it Mission to Mars?

_________________
:Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy:


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:03 am
Posts: 258
Location: Poland
fatal_error wrote:
Ummm, I have no idea but is it Mission to Mars?


Oh come on! Was it that obvious? ;) Yes It is...

_________________
Image * Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:41 am
Posts: 153
Location: Helsinki, Finland
I havent actually seen it but thought that the Mars surface could relate to that movie (and the movie has also some other sgi-periphelia also?)..

_________________
:Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy:


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:22 am
Posts: 3097
Location: living in a linux-blunderland
i just watched mission to mars a couple of weeks ago. i thought for sure that one would have been mentioned before.

i also watch "Sphere". although there isn't any hardware, they make liberal use of 4DWM in monitor windows.

kind tough to search for reposts...

_________________
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 222
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
I'm just surprised anyone would watch Mission to Mars more than once, voluntarily. :D

_________________
:540: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: NeXTStation x 2, A4, A7000, RISC PC


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:17 pm
Posts: 2221
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
I just wish some channel would show, "The Martian Chronicles" again. Not seen that in years. The kind of thing SciFi should
show, but instead most of their output is junk.

Best movie of decent quality I've come across recently is, "The Quiet Earth" (2003). Sadly, movies as of late have not been
that good, except for occasional gems like, "Pitch Black".

As for spotting SGI stuff in movies, sometimes it's best avoided. The shameless plug in, "Lost In Space" is seriously
cringeworthy (the Jupiter2 control room has many SGI displays). Interesting trivia from the IMDB though: "In the original
script and movie adaptation, it wasn't Silicon Graphics who co-sponsored the Jupiter mission, it was Coca-Cola."

Ian.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:38 am
Posts: 916
Location: North of England
In the new series of ncis i saw anew sgi flat panel monitor, not a 1600sw

_________________
:Indy: R4600PC 133 MHz

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
Dell XPS M1530


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:37 pm
Posts: 2311
Location: Ottawa, Canada >burp<
mapesdhs wrote:
I just wish some channel would show, "The Martian Chronicles" again. Not seen that in years. The kind of thing SciFi should
show, but instead most of their output is junk.

Best movie of decent quality I've come across recently is, "The Quiet Earth" (2003). Sadly, movies as of late have not been
that good, except for occasional gems like, "Pitch Black".

As for spotting SGI stuff in movies, sometimes it's best avoided. The shameless plug in, "Lost In Space" is seriously
cringeworthy (the Jupiter2 control room has many SGI displays). Interesting trivia from the IMDB though: "In the original
script and movie adaptation, it wasn't Silicon Graphics who co-sponsored the Jupiter mission, it was Coca-Cola."

Ian.


I have that one (The Quiet Earth) DVD, one of the newer Anchor Bay releases. Also have "The Man Who Fell to Earth". However, "The Quiet Earth" came out in 1985...

_________________
:O3000: <> :O3000: :O2000: :Tezro: :Fuel: x2+ :Octane2: :Octane: x3 :1600SW: x2 :O2: x2+ :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: x2 :Indigo: x3 :Indy: x2+

Once you step up to the big iron, you learn all about physics, electrical standards, and first aid - usually all in the same day


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:53 am
Posts: 460
Location: Kentucky
As said before Jurassic Park, here are some more pics.

Indigo Elan
Image

Crimson
Image

Others
Image
Image
Image

_________________
:Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :O2: :O2+:

Octane2 2x600 V12 8GB
- Octane2 600 V12 2GB - Octane 2x400 V10 2GB
Indigo² 195 Max Impact 386MB - Indigo² 250 Extreme 386MB
O2 350 CRM 256MB - O2+ 400 CRM 512MB

"I'm totally unappreciated in my time. You can run this whole park from this room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and de-bug two million lines of code for what I bid this job? Because if you can, I'd love to see him try."


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:57 pm
Posts: 306
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark
Macintosh Quadra 700 on Nedry's desk there. Easily one of the most attractive computers ever, IMO. Wish the drive cage didn't sit over the RAM slots, but you can't have everything...


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:35 pm
Posts: 664
Location: Lynnwood, WA
noisetonepause wrote:
Macintosh Quadra 700 on Nedry's desk there. Easily one of the most attractive computers ever, IMO. Wish the drive cage didn't sit over the RAM slots, but you can't have everything...


I'd like to get my hands on a Q700. I put a yearbook together on one (barely) in high school, was really pushing it's capabilities. I'd like to mess around on one again. I thought I had a line on one, but never got connected.

_________________
:O3000: :Fuel: :Tezro: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: <--challenge S


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:29 pm
Posts: 4258
Location: Kamloops, BC
japes wrote:
noisetonepause wrote:
Macintosh Quadra 700 on Nedry's desk there. Easily one of the most attractive computers ever, IMO. Wish the drive cage didn't sit over the RAM slots, but you can't have everything...


I'd like to get my hands on a Q700. I put a yearbook together on one (barely) in high school, was really pushing it's capabilities. I'd like to mess around on one again. I thought I had a line on one, but never got connected.

You can have mine if you can locate a Quadra 950. ;)

Thanks for those Jurassic Park shots. I'm actually quite amazed how few I could find that were high quality like yours.

_________________
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:35 am
Posts: 3830
Location: Wijchen, The Netherlands
zackwatt wrote:
Image

This system cannot be a Crimson because that 'gr_osview' shows CPU0 ... CPU3 usage. It's probably from a 4D/340 or similar system.

The box under the desk is obviously a Crimson. We've been tricked :lol:

_________________
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2:(2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum: almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted: GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:57 pm
Posts: 306
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark
Wasn't there something about the boxes on-screen were never actually on because of noise?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group