Discreet apps with out Stone software?

3D/2D CGI and the tools used in their creation (Maya, Photoshop, Blender, GIMP, etc.).
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
indigofan

Discreet apps with out Stone software?

Unread postby indigofan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Is it possible to run the Discreet apps without using the dedicated RAID hardware? If so, how? Looking to over-ride any flags or settings in the apps to getting them to run. I have an Octane that I purchased that has Flame and Flint loaded, but gives me errors about finding the files ystem.

Cheers.
Indy R5K, Indigo High Impact R10K, Octane R12K, NeXT Station, NeXTCube, G5 PowerMac, MacBook Pro

fatal_error

Re: Discreet apps with out Stone software?

Unread postby fatal_error » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:10 am

It depends of the version, i think flame up until version 7 or bit above that had support for not using dedicated raid for frame storage. It had some kind of size limit for it though. If the memory reserves correctly, you can enable it in the preference file, you can find more info about it by doing few searches.
:Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy:

indigofan

Unread postby indigofan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:47 pm

Cool. I will check it out and see if I can get it to run. It craps out when it can not find the Stone RAID... Would love to get this up and running considering the discount that I paid for the machine.

Cheers.
Indy R5K, Indigo High Impact R10K, Octane R12K, NeXT Station, NeXTCube, G5 PowerMac, MacBook Pro

indigofan

Unread postby indigofan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:01 pm

Well turns out that it is Flame 9, also on the box is: Smoke 5, Flint 7 and Effects 6, so think that I am hosed with out a Stone RAID set up or is it usable?

indigofan

Unread postby indigofan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Well digging into it a bit more, Flame 9, is surely out without using Stone, the others I might just have a chance..

indigofan

Unread postby indigofan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:22 pm

And here is another post on the subject....

http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13756

fatal_error

Unread postby fatal_error » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:39 am

Especially for flame9 there are other ways to go without certified stone raid, but i dont know anything about that!
:Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy:

indigofan

Unread postby indigofan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:22 pm

I messed with the default.cfg files but to no avail, still no luck, will start trolling on eBay to see if I can pick one up without busting the bank.. :lol:

Return to “SGI: Computer Graphics”