Burning .cdr images under OSX

Apple hardware/software and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
pentium

Burning .cdr images under OSX

Unread postby pentium » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:45 pm

Okay, while I don't know much about Irix, I am a total OSX n00b.
I have several cd images that I need to burn and so for only OSX seems to recognize the .cdr extension the images have.
The thing is that I don't know how to burn the images and not just copy the image to cd and achieve nothing but ruining a good blank cd.
The first thing that comes to mind is "File -> Burn [image.cdr] To Disc" but the last time I used a similar option it was in Ubuntu and it just copied the image to the cd and achieved nothing but wasting a cd. Is that correct or do I have to do something else?
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Burning .cdr images under OSX

Unread postby nekonoko » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:51 pm

The best way is probably to use Mac OS X's Disk Utility. From the menu, select Images->Burn. You should get a dialog to specify your image file. From there it will prompt you to insert blank media, and away you go.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

pentium

Re: Burning .cdr images under OSX

Unread postby pentium » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:04 am

Thanks Neko. I'll try it as soon as I can find my stash of blank cds.
All I can seem to find is my spindle of blank dvds.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.

Return to “Apple”