Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:42 pm 

Hi I recently reformatted my octane it has essi graphics with the personal video option, I installed the 6.5 base with 6.5.24 overlays.I read somewhere in here that there was an unbundled bunch of graphics tools on overlay cd 3 but I cannot find it. I think that what I need are the evo drivers. My problem is that when I go to open the video panel from media tools, I get this error
This machine has no video daemon.The Video Panel cannot operate. I enabled videod in sh but that didnt work either If anyone knows of this can you please help.Thanks

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:56 pm 

DrSatan wrote:
Hi I recently reformatted my octane it has essi graphics with the personal video option, I installed the 6.5 base with 6.5.24 overlays.I read somewhere in here that there was an unbundled bunch of graphics tools on overlay cd 3 but I cannot find it. I think that what I need are the evo drivers. My problem is that when I go to open the video panel from media tools, I get this error
This machine has no video daemon.The Video Panel cannot operate. I enabled videod in sh but that didnt work either If anyone knows of this can you please help.Thanks

The drivers you need for the PVO are here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000817065529/www-support.sgi.de/DERSUPPORT/treiber/

It's in German, but you get the idea.

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :320: :540: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv: :O300:

See them all >here<

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:01 pm 

woohoo your the man!! Thanks

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:02 pm 

DrSatan wrote:
woohoo your the man!! Thanks

No problem...

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :320: :540: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv: :O300:

See them all >here<

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:06 pm 

I don't have 6.5.24 handy, but in 6.5.22, the unbundled directory is on CD 2 under /dist/unbundled <there is an evo_6522m: OCTANE Personal Video Execution Environment, 6.5.22. file in there

If you've got a fairly standard install, try loading file /var/www/htdocs/WhatsNew/yourSystem.html into your browser. If it's installed, you should find a listing of the contents of the Irix CDs. <if you've got a vanilla enough install to have a Welcome_to_SGI icon on your desktop, it'll take you to the same place>.

EDIT: Oh well, looks like I type too slow :roll:

Last edited by recondas on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:09 pm 

recondas wrote:
I don't have 6.5.24 handy, but in 6.5.22, the unbundled directory is on CD 2 under /dist/unbundled <there is an evo_6522m: OCTANE Personal Video Execution Environment, 6.5.22. file in there

If you've got a fairly standard install, try loading file /var/www/htdocs/WhatsNew/yourSystem.html into your browser. If it's installed, you should find a listing of the contents of the Irix CDs. <if you've got a vanilla enough install to have a Welcome_to_SGI icon on your desktop, it'll take you to the same place>.

Didn't know if it was in the unbundled directory or not, but your right, should have mentioned that also. :)

See them all >here<

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:25 am 

I downloaded the files on from that archive link but most files are truncated at 1MB and the cosmo65.tar was not available at all.

Does anyone have the full files which should be at that link?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:13 am 

Ian's Site has the drivers for download - Have your overlay discs handy though :wink:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:41 pm 

Hi, I don't know if DrSatan could get any enjoyed with these drivers, i hope so, then i have the same problem from one year ago !!! "this machine has no video deamon, panel cannot operate..etc etc..."

"Please be sweet about my poor English spoken...sorry"

DrSatan must be more lucky because personnal video is an XIO board, perhaps it's may fonction properly with DIVO soft in "unbundled software"

My trouble makes me more unsatisfied, still trying to drive a DM6 SD card. One on an Octane, and one other on a FueL, then i get even the same message, no video deamon etc etc...

Are you well seat down? because the must of this story, is that these SGI units are on fullcare SGI contract, and i am so long waitting the gentleman who's could help me driving right these ggrgrhjgkgggmunphhh !!!!! of DM6 SD card.

On the other hand, during this year i was not calling SGI every 5 minutes, i am first working with G5 mac, that's all about cost! (bebe!, ...about you! ...and me..;;) forgiveness I crack...... however, I accumulate some correspondences.

More seriously, does any body have a good idee? i wonder whether, to simplify...

Is there a person on the ground which made function a DM6 card? because I start to doubt.

I will be very enjoyed to find a solution, because i'm in love in SGI using for fun.

IMPORTANT: I do not want to criticize SGI, which is in spite of my problems the best computer firm with which I worked. Simply and unfortunately for me, it seems that the firm which manufactures this dm6 envisaged in all, only one and a single document...Called "SDStationOEM"... thus work with that!!! , then i would be more satisfy to find more documents from SGI about it, nobody is perfect, that is life.

Post subject: one week waitting....
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:14 pm 

One week waitting ....;

Only one more reply as other my own..;

Am I in the ghost net forum ??? ( sorry i don't speek well English)

Perhaps it's that s about?

Jean

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:31 pm 

tom1gozzi wrote:
One week waitting ....;

Only one more reply as other my own..;

Am I in the ghost net forum ??? ( sorry i don't speek well English)

Perhaps it's that s about?

Jean

If you have a similar error message, then maybe the problem is the same: no drivers installed?

DM6 drivers can be downloaded from SGI:
http://www.sgi.com/products/evaluation/ ... dm6_1.1.2/

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2:(2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum: almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted: GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:09 pm 

Thanks' a lot a lot a lot for reply, but, not, that would have been too simple.

Drivers successful installed. First ml1.1 installed then sddigvid in second process.

Resul this with mlquery command:

DEVICES:
nullXcode:0

sd-digvid:0

Seemed to be ok. I am newbie IRIX SGI, the hardware is recognized by the machine with the boot in server-manager,

what could it miss??? I have IRIX 6.29 on my bikes ( i don't know if you say bikes for computers units, here yes in France!)

depity! it is what I am !

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:48 pm 

tom1gozzi wrote:
Seemed to be ok. I am newbie IRIX SGI, the hardware is recognized by the machine with the boot in server-manager,

what could it miss??? I have IRIX 6.29 on my bikes ( i don't know if you say bikes for computers units, here yes in France!)

Have you tried the confidence tests ? Good place to start, I think.

Toolchest -> System - > Confidence Tests

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:05 pm 

Hi hamei, tks a lot too, humm "confidence test"! I already believe to have read that some share, so i'am looking for it then i post a reply.

Isn't it a test in the start up system window after click and choose " stop for maintenance" ?

So, if not i' am looking for... see you soon. Jean.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:19 pm 

Hey, I'm looking for an SGI Fuel or Tezro with DM6 video card. Anyone moved on and want to sell theirs, or just the DM6 card? (Kshuff, if you still haven't gotten yours to work?) thanks