FlightGear is a free, open-source, multi-platform flight simulator.
It is available for free download from:
- * Sophisticated and highly tunable flight dynamics engines.
* Aircraft modeling system that supports fully interactive, fully 3d cockpits, sophisticated internal and external animations can be tied to just about any FlightGear variable.
* SRTM based world scenery available for free download.
* Over 20,000 airports modeled around the world.
* Seamless continuous oblate ellipsoid world model.
* Accurate day/night and lighting effects synced to real time.
* Correct sun, moon, star, and planet placement (and correct phase of the moon.)
* Ability to automatically sync with real weather conditions via the internet.
* Flexible, adaptable, interfaceable, open architecture.
* Complete source code licensed under the GPL.
* Ported to many platforms including Windows, Max OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and sgi.
A summary of the new features, updates, and changes for this release
can be viewed here: