Garlic Molecular Viewer and Editor

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
chicago-joe

Garlic Molecular Viewer and Editor

Unread postby chicago-joe » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:49 pm

Hi All,

For any other bio-organic chemists out there:

Garlic Molecular Viewer and Editor Version 1.4 http://garlic.mefos.hr/garlic/index.html

I came across this program while following a link for HP-UX, has anyone tried building it for IRIX? There is a note under the "Installation Guide" page about setting the color depth on an Octane.

Garlic looks very cool, also check out the their links to other similar programs.

Joe

hamei

Re: Garlic Molecular Viewer and Editor

Unread postby hamei » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:02 pm

chicago-joe wrote:Hi All,

For any other bio-organic chemists out there:

Garlic Molecular Viewer and Editor Version 1.4 http://garlic.mefos.hr/garlic/index.html

I came across this program while following a link for HP-UX, has anyone tried building it for IRIX? There is a note under the "Installation Guide" page about setting the color depth on an Octane.

garlic site wrote: It is very easy to download and compile the latest source code!

Easy for THEM to say !

Garlic looks very cool, also check out the their links to other similar programs.

Moderator ? Moderator ? We all come across spiffy possibles in our travels, I'm sure. How about a sticky thread for "kewl programs we have come across by accident that would be neat to have compiled for Irix" ?

thegoldbug

Unread postby thegoldbug » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:01 pm

FYI

They have a link to free programs and there are several listed as being compiled for IRIX.

http://garlic.mefos.hr/garlic/competition/index.html
thegoldbug
:ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :OnyxR: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Fuel: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :320: :320: :320: :320: :Indy: x5 :Indy: x2 :1600SW: x5 :Indigo: x7
Vault L, 6-1200s, Fibre Hub, Dials, Boards, spares, 3 Sun Blade 2000s, Sun Fire V480, 2-Hero 2000 Robots, 5-Hero 1 Robots

QuicksilverG4

Unread postby QuicksilverG4 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:38 pm

I'm a bio-organic chemist of sorts haha. More biochem than organic though and trying to find a new field (and therefore a new job). Tired of life in the lab. If I could just jump to director of research or full professor all would be well :lol:. I'm great with the ideas, but bad with the execution at least when it comes to molecules.

Always interested in other peoples stuff (unless its physic organic...i feel dizzy), what are you up to Joe?

There's a slim chance I've got some commercial modeling IRIX software somewhere. I'll take a look if you're interested.

dexter1

Unread postby dexter1 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:45 am

hamei wrote:Moderator ? Moderator ? We all come across spiffy possibles in our travels, I'm sure. How about a sticky thread for "kewl programs we have come across by accident that would be neat to have compiled for Irix" ?

Sounds like a good plan. I'll make a sticky post in this forum.

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:57 am

dexter1 wrote: I'll make a sticky post in this forum.

Thanks, Dexter1. Then all we need are a dozen experienced Irix coders with nothing to do :roll:

mbeauchesne
Donor
Donor

Unread postby mbeauchesne » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:57 pm

chicago-joe wrote:I came across this program while following a link for HP-UX, has anyone tried building it for IRIX? There is a note under the "Installation Guide" page about setting the color depth on an Octane.

Hello,

I just downloaded and compiled Garlic. Other than a few simple changes to the Makefile, so that it would build with MIPSpro, it compiles and runs just fine. It doesn't use OpenGL so it seems a little slow when interacting with the molecules.

If you can't compile it and want a binary let me know and I can post it somewhere.

Return to “IRIX and Software”