Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:41 am 

Hi I've decided to buy myself some Anime DVD's and I thought why not ask here for some general tips.

I've got the link to http://www.yesasia.com by TheFinn on #nekochan and they seem to have reasonably priced DVD's plus free worldwide shipping.

1 .Any other places I should take a look? I'm mainly looking for Ghibli studios movies and some "Lupin the 3rd" movies.

2. When buying Anime DVD's is ther anything I should think of? I have a region free DVD player and I don't speak japanese so ofcourse I would buy english subbed DVD's.

well I'm babbling away as usual... if you have any tips for me just let me know.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:39 pm 

I too would love to know answers to these fine questions.

I am looking to purchase some Anime DVDs, and my first thought was to try Amazon. They, of course, had what I want, but it was back ordered. So I figured why not try one of the zillions of Anime DVD websites?

But which one??

Which one has quality service? Service is my top priority. It's like, if you live in north america, using Reputable as your SGI supplier. Sure, there are better prices, but when your need to ask questions, get straight helpful answers, and have someone with the brains and the testicular fortitude to stand behind what he sells, Mr. Douglas is a great resource. At least IMHO.

So who is the reputable of Anime DVD sales? Is there such a thing?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:54 pm 

Since I'm lame and don't catch on to these things as quickly as you other hotshots...

I was looking through this yesasia place for GiTS:SAC, and they have a ton of different DVDs, but most of the plane GiTS:SAC stuff is Korean or Japan version... is that something I should worry about? I have a region 1 DVD player right now (though that region free thing they have on the sidebar sure is tempting)... Do I need a "stupid english-man" version of the DVDs?

Will I be able to find both english-dubbed and subtitled versions of these DVDs? I know lots of DVDs have multiple language options built-in, but I get worried if it says "korean version"... it makes me thing it will be dubbed in korean, with subtitles in japanese, chinese, and whatever other dialects and languages they speak in Asia that stupid Americans like me don't know the first thing about.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:13 am 

I use ebay. I can get most discs I want for about $10.

my philosophy is, yes, I can get whatever series I want from a hong kong bootlegger for $30, but if I do that, why not just download 'em off the net?