Trouble compiling LiVES

IRIX/Nekoware development, porting and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Revlef

Unread postby Revlef » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:54 am

joerg wrote:
IIRC i was in contact with the autor or at least i have create a bug report and provide my patch to get it compiled with mips pro. But i cant remember to any detail because it was a year ago or so.

Yes i know i used your patch to port it to Mipspro but after that i wont work (as you discribed) the realtime effects crash in setup. it looks like an error in X11.
joerg wrote:Best thing would be if you can offer a account on your IRIX machine so the programmer can see all the warnings and errors and maybe he can fix it :).
If you cant spend an a account, or wouldnt, and the programmer is interessted in i can offer one on my machine. For the later he have to send me a mail to mailto:behrens@takenet.de

regards
Joerg

good idea i set up an acount for the programmer so he can see all the warnings and errors and maybe he can modifie the source to port to Mipspro and i think he would be intrested couse he is working now 5 days on the source to port to Mipspro, i thank him for this :D
Thanks for offering an acount on your machine but i firts want to try it if he can do it on my box.

lhaza wrote:I installed neko-imagemagick now. When using effects or previews of effects I get:

Code: Select all

(lives:95355): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: file gdk-pixbuf-scale.c: line 248: assertion `src != NULL' failed
convert: unable to open module file `/usr/nekoware/lib/ImageMagick-6.2.9/modules-Q16/coders/pre.la': No such file or directory.

(lives:95355): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: file gdk-pixbuf-scale.c: line 248: assertion `src != NULL' failed
convert: unable to open module file `/usr/nekoware/lib/ImageMagick-6.2.9/modules-Q16/coders/mgk.la': No such file or directory.
This is a bug in imagemagick. Changed files are given the extension *.mgk, but they are still jpeg files.

Regards

Revlef

Unread postby Revlef » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:14 am

Hello.

I realy could use some help on this couse i am realy running out of ideas on this.

the programmer succeeded to define irix in the source lives and modified the source on cvs
but there is still a problem in the realtime effects.
env

export CC=c99
export CXX=CC
export CFLAGS='-O3 -mips4 -n32 -I/usr/nekoware/include -OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3'
export CXXFLAGS '-O3 -mips4 -I/usr/nekoware/include -OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3 -LANG:std=on -LANG:libc_in_namespace_std'
export CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/nekoware/include'
export LDFLAGS='-L/usr/nekoware/lib'
export PATH=/usr/nekoware/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bsd:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11
export PKG_CONFIG=/usr/nekoware/bin/pkg-config
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH='/usr/nekoware/lib/pkgconfig'
export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR='/usr/nekoware/lib'
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/usr/nekoware/lib'
export LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH='/usr/nekoware/lib'
export LD_LIBRARY64_PATH='/usr/nekoware/lib64'
export GNUMAKE='/usr/nekoware/bin/make'

gmake:c99 WARNING:  -shared conflicts with -r; using latter value (-r)
c99 ERROR parsing -rdynamic:  unknown flag
gmake[4]: *** [SDL] Error 2

eddit: /lives/lives-plugins/plugins/playback/videoMakefile.am

if IS_DARWIN
shared_ldflags = -dynamiclib -fno -common
else
shared_ldflags = -shared -rdynamic -fPIC -DPIC
shared_cflags = -fPIC -DPIC

to

if IS_DARWIN
shared_ldflags = -dynamiclib -fno -common
else
shared_ldflags = -shared -r -fPIC -DPIC
shared_cflags = -fPIC -DPIC
endif

gmake :

c99 WARNING:  -shared conflicts with -r; using latter value (-r)
ld32: FATAL   11 : Object file format error (/usr/nekoware/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so): .dynamic section has not been read
gmake[4]: *** [SDL] Error 2

does someone of you could tel me how to combine -shared and -rdynamic?
regards, Rene.

zahal

Unread postby zahal » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:07 am

Compiled with gcc with no modifications out of the box. It's kinda really slow on my r5k2 300mhz O2.
Sitting in a room.....thinkin' shit up. :evil:

:O2: 400MHz R12k - :320: Dual 550MHz PIII - Apple G4 Cube dual 500MHz/GF6200 - Newton Messagepad 2100 - Apple PowerBook 2400c/G3@240 - DECstation5000/133 - Apple Workgroup Server 9150/120 G3@280 - Apple Macintosh IIfx - Apple Macintosh Color Classic (Mystic upgrade) - Sun Cobalt Cube 3 - Tadpole RDI UltraBook IIi - Digital HiNote Ultra II - HP 200LX

loonvf

Unread postby loonvf » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi Revlef,

Any updates on Lives compiling with MIPSPro?

Revlef

Unread postby Revlef » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:04 am

loonvf wrote:Hi Revlef,

Any updates on Lives compiling with MIPSPro?

Hi Loonvf.

Whe still have the problem that lives crashes in the setup of the realtime plugins due to the -rdynamic being absent.
:use dynamic resolution of functions which allows the plugin to assign and
call functions in the host.

The programmer and i are still working on that.

Lives 9.8.2 runs, compiled whith mipspro if removed the realtime plugins:
rm /usr/share/lives/plugins/effects/realtime/weed/*

regards, Revlef

Return to “SGI: Development”