What's new in this version:
Enhancements delivered with this update include:
Digital Hub and Audio Enhancements
- Further improves an enhancement introduced with Mac OS X 10.2.3, in which files and folders specific to Mac OS file systems are no longer copied to the disc when burning a CD.
- Improves audio quality for FireWire audio devices.
- Enhances support for mLAN devices.
- Adds support for LaCie d2 48x12x48x disc burners.
- Improves the way voice-activated applications work in Classic.
- Addresses an issue in which audio may not be sampled when using some Mac OS 9 audio applications in the Classic environment.
- The Paper Size pop-up menu in the Page Setup dialog now has submenus if the selected printer has several margin settings for a paper size.
- Includes software for Brother printers that support Rendezvous.
- Addresses a potential security issues with the CUPS printing software; for more information see http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61798
- The Shared Printers list now appears by default in the "Format for:" pop-up menu in Page Setup dialog boxes.
Networking, Modem, and Internet-Related Enhancements
- You may enable or disable the ability to log into AFP servers using an Admin user password.
- Allows for use of a hardware Ethernet address with the ifconfig command in Terminal.
- Improves results when copying large files (4 GB or larger) to a Windows File Sharing (SMB) server.
- Addresses an issue in which connecting to an AFP or other server could cause a Finder window to open displaying the contents of the Volumes directory, instead of the target volume.
- Addresses an issue in which the web browser selection could unexpectedly change to a different browser after updating your browser of choice.
- Addresses a potential kernel panic situation when receiving a phone call on the same line that connects a DSL modem to the Internet.
- Includes sendmail version 8.12.6; for more information see http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61798.
- Dialing with the modem sound turned on now produces sound on a portable computer.
- Rendezvous-enabled computers that have Personal Web Sharing turned on appear in the Safari Rendezvous bookmark collection.
Address Book and Mail Enhancements
- Addresses a situation in which an application making use of Address Book could unexpectedly quit when certain text is deleted from the Show People search box.
- For German-localized: addresses an issue in which sent messages in Mail may be deleted even if the "Delete sent mail when" preference setting is Never, except for sent messages transferred to a different mailbox.
- Address Book remains open after closing all of its windows.
- Address Book edit mode now includes an Undo feature.
- Resolves an issue that could occur when quitting Address Book after creating a new group.
- Improves Address Book formatting for Irish and Japanese addresses.
- Addresses an issue which could occur when dropping items near the far left or top of the desktop in which existing item icons are "pushed away" from the dropped items.
- Resolves a situation in which the Finder could become temporarily unresponsive after closing a Get Info window.
- Improves behavior when pasting a custom icon over an existing custom icon..
- Dragging an alias from the preview column to the Trash no longer deletes the original item.
- Improves wording in the progress indicator window when copying a large file to an iDisk or WebDAV volume ("5 seconds remaining" could previously for much longer than five seconds).
- The Traditional Chinese Input Method now includes Hanin; using Hanin with either Zhuyinfuhao or Pinyin results in significantly more accurate typing.
- Reduces issues that could be caused by a damaged font within the Fonts folder of the System Folder used by the Classic environment, even if Classic is not running.
- Sherlock now allows for typed selection of search results.
- Addresses an issue which could lead to a kernel panic when logging out.
- Addresses some situations in which Apple System Profiler 3.0 may unexpectedly quit.
- Addresses an issue in which the computer may not sleep when idle after disconnecting a FireWire or USB device.
- Select several items in a dialog list by Shift-clicking now works better in some Mac OS X (Carbon) applications.
- Turning on Folder Actions no longer results in increasing amounts of disk space being used.
- The Classic environment no longer draws the Mac OS 9 desktop picture on both monitors if you are using Display preferences to arrange your displays while Classic is starting.
- Addresses an issue in which the Classic environment could unexpectedly stop on a portable computer while the computer is in sleep mode and certain USB devices are attached.
- Resolves an issue in which System Preferences could unexpectedly quit if the Speech preference pane was open, Speakable Items was on, and sound was detected by the microphone.
- Improves compatibility with Firaxis Civilization III when the application's "Quartz text rendering" option is enabled.
- The computer will now sleep as expected if certain Ethernet cards are installed but the network port configuration is disabled in Network preferences.
- Addresses an issue with Disk Utility (10.3 v88.11), which could result in some disk repair utilities inaccurately finding issues with the "HFS wrapper" of a newly-formatted disk; the issue would not cause data loss.
- For Swedish-localized, addresses an issue in which some advanced calculator conversions could result in zero.
Download 10.2.4 Update