WWDC is coming, no rumo(u)rs?

Apple hardware/software and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
themacosxflies

WWDC is coming, no rumo(u)rs?

Unread postby themacosxflies » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:19 am

Steve Jobs will kick off Apple’ Worldwide Developers Conference with a keynote on Monday, June 6, 2005 at 10:00 A.M

no intel on Macs?, no new PowerMacs and/nor PowerBooks?, no pseudo tablet Mac?, no new iPod?, no freaking Apple mobile phone?, no rumo(u)rs at all!? Excessive secrecy?, I´m loving it ! :lol:
We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.

Cory5412

Unread postby Cory5412 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:43 am

I'm rooting for a new top-end workstation that supports four processors, eight with a future-available upgrade to dual-core processors.

I'm also rooting for something portable, but I'm not going for another laptop anytime soon, that's for sure.

I'm also rooting for a kind of iSight+videoIpod combination that acts as the first hidef hard disc based consumer-available camcorder option. Weird and probably-flakey as it might be, and harder to use than a traditional camcorder... it would be so-awesome to see.

A tablet would be nifty, and I might buy into it if it's as functional as the windows tablets. We'll see though.

Really, I'm rooting for that hidef iSight camcorder + iPod duo, and a new top-end workstation for creative professionals and those who want/need a bit more oomph and/or customizeability.

If it helps, the last two years in a row apple's previewed 1) the next Mac OS X and 2) pro-level hardware. the powermac g5 in 2003 and the new displays in 2004.

Interesting possibilities!
I [heart] the Performer Town Demo

rob

Unread postby rob » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:55 am

I'd like to see the G5 Powerbook. I'm a blatent optimist.

barefoot

Re: WWDC is coming, no rumo(u)rs?

Unread postby barefoot » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:32 pm

themacosxflies wrote:Steve Jobs will kick off Apple’ Worldwide Developers Conference with a keynote on Monday, June 6, 2005 at 10:00 A.M

no intel on Macs?, no new PowerMacs and/nor PowerBooks?, no pseudo tablet Mac?, no new iPod?, no freaking Apple mobile phone?, no rumo(u)rs at all!? Excessive secrecy?, I´m loving it ! :lol:

http://news.com.com/Apple+to+ditch+IBM% ... =nefd.lede

Cupertino

Unread postby Cupertino » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:19 am

themacosxflies wrote:Steve Jobs will kick off Apple’ Worldwide Developers Conference with a keynote on Monday, June 6, 2005 at 10:00 A.M

If, a rumour, Steve Jobs will change guard wraps for the keynote, here:

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/692flash.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Some day we will build a thinking machine. It will be a truly intelligent machine. One that can see and hear and speak. A machine that will be proud of us."
--
Thinking Machines Corp.

rob

Unread postby rob » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:20 am

I really hoping that's a tactic to scare IBM to become more willing, but an x86 Apple is looking more likely by the day.

This is bad, very bad.
Last edited by rob on Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

somecodemonkey

Unread postby somecodemonkey » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:21 am

G5 powerbook would be nice, something to aim for after uni. I just hope hes not going to announce the intel move as I am sure it would mean they would be running x86 arch which is one main reason I bought the mini.. get get away from x86 and its train wreck design
1995: Real Audio released, allowing users to listen to halting bursts of static in real time.

sincil

Unread postby sincil » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:57 am

rob wrote:

I really hoping that's a tactic to scare IBM to become more willing, but an x86 Apple is looking more likely by the day.

This is bad, very bad.

It is all speculation by the media that Apple would move to Intel x86. All it says is that Apple will move to Intel chips - even if that is true, there are option other than x86.

I would sit back and watch it all unfold before starting the doomsaying.

themacosxflies

Unread postby themacosxflies » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:17 am

Cupertino wrote:If, a rumour, Steve Jobs will change guard wraps for the keynote, here:

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/692flash.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

haha, those are borrowed for sure from Frank Casanova, senior director of QuickTime product marketing at Apple :lol:

We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.

barefoot

Unread postby barefoot » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:22 am

sincil wrote:It is all speculation by the media that Apple would move to Intel x86. All it says is that Apple will move to Intel chips - even if that is true, there are option other than x86.

I would sit back and watch it all unfold before starting the doomsaying.

So many posibilities .... It will get interesting!

Tech^salvager

Unread postby Tech^salvager » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:12 am

I'm rooting for Apple to move to Intel.
Will see what monday brings.

rob

Unread postby rob » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:16 am

I was going on past experience - look what happened to our other favourite computer company once they embraced Intel!

somecodemonkey

Unread postby somecodemonkey » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:27 am

Thing is that apple might still use PPC but the processors would be produced by intel since PPC is an open arch. But I don't think that would be the case and intel make enought types of processor as it is and won't make one type just for apple.
1995: Real Audio released, allowing users to listen to halting bursts of static in real time.

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:36 am

somecodemonkey wrote:Thing is that apple might still use PPC but the processors would be produced by intel since PPC is an open arch.

Why would that be an advantage ? IBM is not exactly a slouch at chipmaking.

somecodemonkey

Unread postby somecodemonkey » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm

not having to port OS X and other software for a start. I know there is a an x86 Darwin but it would take more than a year to port the rest of OS to x86. One good thing would be that if OS X was ported to x86 that maybe Apple would release a version for any X86. Unlikely as it is one of the major selling points of the hardware but one can dream

Return to “Apple”