Maya Unlimited available today.

Apple hardware/software and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
themacosxflies

Maya Unlimited available today.

Unread postby themacosxflies » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:12 am

Alias today announced that Maya Unlimited 6 for Mac OS X is now available, (was first announced in June). Anyone excited about this?
We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.

sum][one

Unread postby sum][one » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:47 am

not me.. not until i'll get a Mac :lol: :lol: :lol:
----
:: jean-claude
:: mimgfx dot com
----

barefoot

Re: Maya Unlimited available today.

Unread postby barefoot » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:01 am

themacosxflies wrote:Alias today announced that Maya Unlimited 6 for Mac OS X is now available, (was first announced in June). Anyone excited about this?

Do you use Maya on your mac now? How do you find it?
Can you get 'good' OpenGL gfx for macs now?

I've switched from PC to Mac and back again a number of times, this time it's because I can't seem to find a decent OpenGL card (my last was dual G4 867, GForce which I found a bit slow for 3D/OpenGL). I've also sold my Dell dual 1.7Ghz now and am thinking of getting back to macs again but not sure.

Cheers
barefoot

vegac

Unread postby vegac » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:10 am

All of the latest chipsets just about are supported on Macs...

ATI's 9600 and 9800 XTs are available.
NVidia's GeForceFX 5200 (low end) is the standard on most hardware, and the GeForce 6800 Ultra is soon-to-come for the G5 towers...

hamei

Re: Maya Unlimited available today.

Unread postby hamei » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:24 am

themacosxflies wrote:Alias today announced that Maya Unlimited 6 for Mac OS X is now available, (was first announced in June). Anyone excited about this?

coulda sworn I've already seen that in the electricity market across the way here ... ten yuan. Maybe fifteen if you want the nice box .....

themacosxflies

Unread postby themacosxflies » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am

barefoot, no I had not tried it, to be honest I am not a 3D guy, a friend of mine use to work with Cinema4d and he was really hoping to this release since he worked with the beta and the perform was not great, but after all, he use it on a Cube and a iBook, this kind of software needs a powerful G5 and the huge 30" Display, and as vegac pointed, a GeForce 6800 on it.

hamei, fifteen bucks? really?
We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:28 am

themacosxflies wrote: hamei, fifteen bucks? really?

no, fifteen yuan. That's a smidge less than TWO bucks !

So now you know what the profit margin is for those people who sell cracked software :-)

Funny part is that it's almost all Windows software from the worst commercial exploiters of software, so I find it quite amusing.

Return to “Apple”