Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:49 am 

Actually I have on my PowerBook the speaker system that my Octane2´ll use once it arrive to my home, so I found these NICE speakers from harman/kardon, but they are aimed to home theater systems :-/ Would be possible to attach them to the speakers input on the PowerBook? They match my Al PowerBook perfectly ! :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:25 pm 

If they take RCA you'll likely need a stereo RCA->mini jack (headphone jack) convertor, but otherwise you'll be ok. Keep in mind your laptop won't be pushing out as many watts as a stereo (or as an Octane probably) so you might not get as much quality / volume as you have now...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:25 pm 

vegac wrote:
If they take RCA you'll likely need a stereo RCA->mini jack (headphone jack) convertor, but otherwise you'll be ok. Keep in mind your laptop won't be pushing out as many watts as a stereo (or as an Octane probably) so you might not get as much quality / volume as you have now...

Thanks vegac, they´ll be better so far that the built in audio of my 17" PowerBook, it is not bad but the volume is so low, my Pismo beats that easily.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:51 pm 

Oh, silly me, I did not give you a link to the speakers, here it goes:

harman/kardon HKS 3

harman/kardon reference here

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:32 am 

themacosxflies wrote:
Thanks vegac, they´ll be better so far that the built in audio of my 17" PowerBook, it is not bad but the volume is so low, my Pismo beats that easily.

17" PowerBook output to low... try to listen to an iBook 12" with an Origin 200 running next to it :) No I'm happy with the increase in output of my PowerBook :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:37 am 

Maybe you should be looking for a small USB amplifier, I want to say that m-Audio makes one, but I'm going to do a bit of sleuthing to see what it is that I'm thinking of. It's a device that also lets you use Apple's Pro-Speakers...

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerwave/
This thang... It looks like you can take audio in and out, digital and analog with it.

It's also worth noting, if you haven't already bought your HK speakers, that
http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_brows ... II&status=
SoundSticks II are still in production! Though, rather than being USB powered, these'll plug right into the audio-out port on your 'Book.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:07 am 

Thanks for your input Cory, I have the USB SoundSticks attached to my B&W G3 PowerMac, maybe another cool option would be the Philips Dolby headphones.