Garbage

Apple hardware/software and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
GIJoe

Re: Garbage

Unread postby GIJoe » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:32 am

i googled this the other day and if you look for the subject 'hairline fractures' or 'self cracking' in conjunction with the Xperia series, the topic still seems to come up. i don't know anyone besides me with a sony but i see a lot of shattered displays around which still seem to work. common feedback for the sony however indicates that as soon as the display is cracked, it can become unresponsive.

is that a design issue only they have for some reason?

guardian452
Donor
Donor

Unread postby guardian452 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:48 am

No, pretty much any phone other than say a kyocera or panasonic toughpad it is fairly easy to crack the screen. If the digitizer is broken to the point where the electrical connection is lost, it won't work anymore.

My iphone already has a small crack in the bottom (not over the screen itself) no idea when or how it happened but unless you are looking for it you wouldn't even know it's there.

josehill

Unread postby josehill » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:04 pm

guardian452 wrote:having a calculator that works properly in iphone, why are they screwing that up?

On the bright side, they finally fixed the calculator today with the release of iOS 11.2, which also fixes a major crashing bug that started appearing yesterday. :roll: http://tidbits.com/article/17659

guardian452
Donor
Donor

Unread postby guardian452 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:42 pm

guardian452
Donor
Donor

Unread postby guardian452 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:08 am

https://daringfireball.net/2017/12/imac ... mpressions

These components are all high-end... the SSD storage has write speeds of 3.3 GB/sec... Apple is not fucking around with these machines

I'm sorry but I just had to know, never running a benchmark on my own computer before... my ultraportable laptop clocked in at 1547 MB/s but I'm running on battery power and have Chrome and 3S Codesys up right now (can't be arsed to shut all that down). Since SSD performance is pretty easy to scale up just by throwing more chips at the problem (I only have a 256gb disk in here, a 512 would have nearly twice the performance, etc etc up to the speed of the bus), color me unimpressed.

Also,
support for attaching up to two 5K external displays
Cheating here, as I use a TB3 dock with a quadro P2000 in it, but I could have 4 5k displays attached. To a portable laptop. The whole arrangement (laptop, dock, GPU) cost less than half of this imac.

Return to “Apple”