Garbage

Apple hardware/software and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
GIJoe

Re: Garbage

Unread postby GIJoe » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:32 am

i googled this the other day and if you look for the subject 'hairline fractures' or 'self cracking' in conjunction with the Xperia series, the topic still seems to come up. i don't know anyone besides me with a sony but i see a lot of shattered displays around which still seem to work. common feedback for the sony however indicates that as soon as the display is cracked, it can become unresponsive.

is that a design issue only they have for some reason?

guardian452
Donor
Donor

Unread postby guardian452 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:48 am

No, pretty much any phone other than say a kyocera or panasonic toughpad it is fairly easy to crack the screen. If the digitizer is broken to the point where the electrical connection is lost, it won't work anymore.

My iphone already has a small crack in the bottom (not over the screen itself) no idea when or how it happened but unless you are looking for it you wouldn't even know it's there.

josehill

Unread postby josehill » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:04 pm

guardian452 wrote:having a calculator that works properly in iphone, why are they screwing that up?

On the bright side, they finally fixed the calculator today with the release of iOS 11.2, which also fixes a major crashing bug that started appearing yesterday. :roll: http://tidbits.com/article/17659

guardian452
Donor
Donor

Unread postby guardian452 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Return to “Apple”