PowerPC Macs - Are They Still Useful?

Apple hardware/software and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Trippynet
Donor
Donor

Re: PowerPC Macs - Are They Still Useful?

Unread postby Trippynet » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:23 am

From the fold mark, I'd say it's those square sheets you get in public bathrooms. They'd fit OK.
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen: R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium: R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 72GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30

itsvince725

Unread postby itsvince725 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:05 pm

I honestly kinda love the G3 beer dispenser...
:Indigo2: :Indy:

cinenate35

Unread postby cinenate35 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:11 pm

hamei wrote:I can't stand this. What the fuck is wrong with you people ? "What can I do with a G5 ?"

Well, you could spend thirty seconds with your favorite search engine and find several thousand programs that run great on a G5. You know, little-known ones like PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Mickeysoft Word ... well hell, just about nothing, I guess. May as well throw it away, can't possibly do any kind of useful work on anything less than 64 gbytes of memory and a 16-core 5 ghz cpu. I mean, like your work is so demanding. I guess your after-hours job is doing cfd for Hyundai's shipbuilding division, down there in mum's basement. Right after you finish that free-energy magno-hepadynetic clostromotron that will power the planet on a single cup of peanut butter.

Oh wait ! I have an idea ! Let's put Loonix on it ! Loonix, the operating system that survives on one, count 'em ONE (semi) functional program ! Woo-hoo babe, now we're cookin' with gas ! Penis hard as a rock, stroke faster ! Squeeze harder ! Ooh ooh !

Shee-it. This is retarded. There is no consumer software, none, that actually needs or uses anything more capable than a G5. If this is your answer to "what can I do with a g5" then maybe you guys should get a job waxing cars. Maybe you could handle that.

:lol: That is the best thing I've read all year.
Nate

:Octane2: :O2: :O2:

guardian452
Donor
Donor

Unread postby guardian452 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:09 pm

hamei wrote:I guess your after-hours job is doing cfd for Hyundai's shipbuilding division, down there in mum's basement. Right after you finish that free-energy magno-hepadynetic clostromotron that will power the planet on a single cup of peanut butter.

This entire website's M.O.
Or at least, it used to be. Those Good Old Days... :mrgreen:

Return to “Apple”