Just how non-free is my macbook air ?

Apple hardware/software and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
rvic

Re: Just how non-free is my macbook air ?

Unread postby rvic » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:31 am

God damn, "hamei".... "Avoid thinking at all costs, it shows in your eyes" ... that is the face of communism ... and i've been there ...
After 25 years of democracy or maybe "learning democracy" i can say that the things that we don't see are the ones that matter ... the others are just obvious distractions ...
The thing that shocked me was that the people that i taught they were decent, intelligent and maybe mindful were in fact immensely stupid, careless and chaotic ... fear does that ... hides all that.
No ... a "reduced" world is not the answer ... because it reduces everything ...
Maybe the answer is to be in two places at once ... pretending you're in the middle but also looking from outside ... measuring, thinking ... making corrections.
The fact that the vast majority of people are sub-mediocre is the answer to this alter-control side of things ... put yourself in those (slick) shoes ...
To be able to create such programs ... to access that level of control for a chipset is a commodity for a very small group of people ...
I'm an electronist and i graduated the microelectronic section ... that means building and programming at low level (firmware) ...
I can tell you this is no job for everyone ...
My big concern is not that ... at all ... the problem is that more and more this techniques are less known and ... more and more the group of the people involved in building these systems are smaller ... and therefor less known ...
In fact i see the future something like ... huge majority of customers ... and a very small fraction of builders ... huge dependence on technology that is no longer transparent to ordinary people (for reasons of security and other bullshits) ... that scares me ...
Think of the movie "soylent green" ... a handful of corporation people manages to reduce the vast majority of the people to a cattle level ... use them against themselves ... and profit ... we're not that far ... this kind of idea will be always vivid in the sick mind of some people ... the same that strives for whole life to lead ... to make big decisions for others ...
But ... meanwhile ... think of the computer you use (to be in touch with the world) .... a "shared unsecure device" that could be used against you ... and the only two privileges you have are: that you can put it anywhere you like ... and you can destroy it anytime you like (of course destroy it at a very low level).

Return to “Apple”