Tim Cook's new way...

Apple hardware/software and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
User avatar
hamei
Posts: 10433
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: over the rainbow

Re: Tim Cook's new way...

Unread postby hamei » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:08 am

dclough wrote:
hamei wrote:Now ^ that was funny :) Thank you !

Thank you for laughing and raging like a true fool in the face of my every rebuttal, and proving to the world that ageism is alive and well.

I think you missed the point :)

I was laughing because you seem quite upset at the gods of Finance being debunked (Toto ! Get away from that curtain !) but of all the examples you could think of, you chose Socrates.

I was actually thinking of the story of Midas and how the Romans ignored it, the Spanish ignored it, the English ignored it and then the US decided to follow in those august footsteps. We really don't learn much from history.

Back to Apple, it appears that they crested the creativity arc and now are into the money-grubbing stage. Every other company which has done this went down the shitter. Contrary to your assertions, d, the purpose of a company is not to make money. As soon as they turn to that they become the walking dead.

I wouldn't be buying any Apple stock ....

User avatar
skywriter
Posts: 3290
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:22 am
Location: Trump-proof bunker
Contact:

Re: Tim Cook's new way...

Unread postby skywriter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 am

Anyone taking over from Jobs would get the same blind unsubstantiated rhetoric, whether from apple haters or apple fanboys. There's nothing unique about this thread that you can't find on slashdot, gizmodo, or any of the other favorite wholesale outlets of ignorant techno-ranting. Thanks for finally bringing Nekochan to the bottom of my book marks these days.

Joe, please kill me now before I feed the trolls anything more.
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596

User avatar
dclough
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Tim Cook's new way...

Unread postby dclough » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:02 am

hamei wrote:I was laughing because you seem quite upset at the gods of Finance being debunked (Toto ! Get away from that curtain !) but of all the examples you could think of, you chose Socrates.

Gods of Finance? You put words in my mouth. The fact that someone like you can take the phrase "The market will ultimately decide whether it's the right thing" and glean from it "Gods of finance, Cato Institute, rabble rabble, Ayn Rand, rabble rabble rabble rabble, Heritage foundation, rabble rabble, corporate overlords" shows that you want nothing more than to build me into some giant strawman which you can hack at like a piñata.

Might I add that the majority of my response was outrage over your blatant ageism and "listen to me, I'm right because I'm older than you" attitudes?

I never said one damn thing about democracy, Cato Institute, Gods of Finance, books I have and haven't read, "tech blogs", corporate tax policy, etc.

All of the subjects you spent so long raging about like a lunatic were things that you introduced to this discussion, and then falsely criticized me for "believing in", while never getting back to actually telling me why my belief in a free market was flawed other than "Grrrr you're blind, they destroyed the whole world and it's just evil propaganda! Kids are useless because they invented FACEBOOK! Gasp! Computers never get used for useful things!"

You can understand my hesitation to believe anything you say when from my point of view, you look like a raging lunatic having an argument with himself.

User avatar
Oskar45
Posts: 2257
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:35 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: Tim Cook's new way...

Unread postby Oskar45 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 am

skywriter wrote:Joe, please kill me now before I feed the trolls anything more.
Joe, please kill sky now before he feeds us anymore nonsense. And hamei as well... :-)
Everyone loves a lover. Romeo loves Juliet. Therefore, Trump loves Putin.

User avatar
hamei
Posts: 10433
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: over the rainbow

Re: Tim Cook's new way...

Unread postby hamei » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 pm

dclough wrote:Gods of Finance? You put words in my mouth. The fact that someone like you can take the phrase "The market will ultimately decide whether it's the right thing" and glean from it "Gods of finance, Cato Institute, rabble rabble, Ayn Rand, rabble rabble rabble rabble, Heritage foundation, rabble rabble, corporate overlords" shows that you want nothing more than to build me into some giant strawman which you can hack at like a piñata.

Nice job with the ñ.

Where do you think all that "invisible hand of the free market" crap comes from ? When you put up those pap slogans, you're going to get called on their source. It's not part of economic theory and never has been until the kleptocrats set up propaganda mills to indoctrinate the masses.

Seems like it worked.

skywriter wrote:Thanks for finally bringing Nekochan to the bottom of my book marks these days.

Then post something intelligent about what you did recently with your Silicon Graphics computers. Do something about our browser problem. Fix some code, even for a little utility. Test a few programs in /beta. Tell people how to set up their storage for the best results. Be part of the solution.

User avatar
dclough
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Tim Cook's new way...

Unread postby dclough » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:30 pm

hamei wrote:Gods of finance ? Fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders (aka ME !!) ? Where do you think all that "free market" crap comes from ? When you put up those pap slogans, you're going to get called on their source. It's not part of economic theory and never has been until the kleptocrats set up propaganda mills to indoctrinate the masses.

What the hell are you spouting on about? A free and efficient market is at the core of many economic models. We don't have a free market now, it's laced with restrictions and plenty of governments manipulating things behind the scenes (The US and China are equally guilty. China may openly manipulate their currency but to say the US Federal Reserve doesn't is a bold-faced lie), but if you're so goddamn smart, what do YOU think a market should be based on? Sunshine and unicorn farts? How do YOU think it should work?

Apple, as a company, requires MONEY to operate. People invest their money in a company because they recognize a certain value in the ideas and resources of the organization. A business can operate without investors, but it's much, much harder to grow.

Apple's leadership determines short- and long-term goals around which to focus their actions. One of those goals should always be MAXIMZING SHAREHOLDER VALUE, because guess what, if no one gets any value out of an investment, why the hell would they keep their money in it and end up losing? For good karma? Just for shits and giggles? Christ, you act like the concept of investing, borrowing and lending for gain, is so new, so foreign to the world, that clearly it could only have been the product of those "evil KKKapitalists in the US of A". You're beyond help if you think that.

If people like Apple's strategy and their overpriced shit, they will buy Apple's overpriced shit. Apple will make a (very large) profit on that overpriced shit. Apple's investors will see the value of their stake in the company increase as a result.

What the hell is escaping you in all this? Do they not teach you basic economics where you're from? Or are you just told to be a good little worker drone and take your seat on the assembly line, and please don't jump out the window on your lunch break?

You are a bitter person. You take every opportunity to be a pedantic little shitface about everything. "Don't post eBay links, it rips people off, I have to pay more, WAH WAH WAH, keep it a secret so I get a better deal." You pick shit out to bitch and moan about and frankly, it pisses me the fuck off. You have the biggest rod up your ass I've ever seen. Seek help for your many deep-rooted problems.


Return to “Apple”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests