iPad 2

Apple hardware/software and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
skywriter

Re: iPad 2

Unread postby skywriter » Sat May 14, 2011 1:28 pm

there's an audio cut/paste support in there somewhere. check the 32 STEREO track multitrack http://www.harmonicdog.com/. i haven't actually played with all that yet. just getting my guitar callouses back in shape :)
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596

skywriter

Unread postby skywriter » Thu May 19, 2011 4:49 pm

hrm, the blue mikey is a a bit of a disappointment. it is not compatible with the latest gear. Apple removed the stereo line inputs from the 20 pin connector on recent vintage iDevices. have an earlier model iPod, and it tests out ok... oh well, i knew that i just didn't think about it :)

i did get my sweet Focal Twin6's. Now i can finish the speaker soffits. whee!

DECUS Member 368596

deBug

Unread postby deBug » Thu May 19, 2011 6:33 pm

nekonoko wrote:
sybrfreq wrote:Having the camera would be fun but not really.. It's not really something you can be seen with in public :P

Yeah, it's nice that it is there now but I can always use the camera(s) on my iPhone instead.

I have a frind that shoots videos on the iPad2 and then edits them on some software I forgott the name off and lastly uploads it to her facebook.
Now there is nothing neww with this, you can do it with your iPhone or your Android phone as I do.
But the neat thing with the ipad2 is that its large screen makes it a decent edit platform for Videos.
I suppose that would be much trickier to do on a small device.

So for that instant shoot-edit-upload experience that we are used to do with photos using our iPhones and droids with Hipstamatic, Instagram or Vignette, the ipad2 could be the ultimate platform for videos.

//Harry
Mein Führer, I can walk!

skywriter

Unread postby skywriter » Fri May 20, 2011 3:44 am

Reeldirector And iMovie come to mind as ipad movie edit suites.

http://filmmakeriq.com/2010/07/22-filmmaking-apps-for-the-ipad-iphone/

DECUS Member 368596

guardian452

Unread postby guardian452 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:46 am

full disclosure: when I got my mac air, I went to the apple store planning to buy an ipad 2. But they were sold out, so I got this instead..
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.

fu

Unread postby fu » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:05 am

ok rockers, managed to get a pad2. its way of doing things (inexistent/hidden FS) reminds me of my newton mp2100 (back in the previous millennium). so far GoodReader is my friend for attachments/transfers.

if this works for me, i'll be in silence+lightness nirvana

skywriter

Unread postby skywriter » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:20 pm

good reader is definitely one of those must haves. i have ALL my pdf collection on mine. i can carry all my service manuals, schematics, user guides and programmer manuals for my synths and computers on one simple platform. it's awesome. the WIFI feature of goodreader is great for file management. i just wish it was a little faster.

DECUS Member 368596

Return to “Apple”