Popped G5 case rivets

Apple hardware/software and related topics.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
User avatar
nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8042
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:31 am
Location: Pleasanton, California
Contact:

Re: Popped G5 case rivets

Unread postby nekonoko » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:07 am

R-ten-K wrote:Sometimes Apple does some very very very retarded things.


I'm right with you. EFI64 restricted graphics cards just reeks of a way to force a $3000 yearly subscription from pro users. I can't wait to see what inane "feature" they roll out next to break the current generation.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

User avatar
R-ten-K
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:36 pm
Location: Nor Cal

Re: Popped G5 case rivets

Unread postby R-ten-K » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:46 am

nekonoko wrote:
R-ten-K wrote:Sometimes Apple does some very very very retarded things.


I'm right with you. EFI64 restricted graphics cards just reeks of a way to force a $3000 yearly subscription from pro users. I can't wait to see what inane "feature" they roll out next to break the current generation.


Probably, when they add SLI or CrossFire support they'd expect people to shell another $3K for it.
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a
pyramid with thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"

User avatar
zmttoxics
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:11 am

Re: Popped G5 case rivets

Unread postby zmttoxics » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:52 am

R-ten-K wrote:
nekonoko wrote:
R-ten-K wrote:Sometimes Apple does some very very very retarded things.


I'm right with you. EFI64 restricted graphics cards just reeks of a way to force a $3000 yearly subscription from pro users. I can't wait to see what inane "feature" they roll out next to break the current generation.


Probably, when they add SLI or CrossFire support they'd expect people to shell another $3K for it.


I am not sure that they ever will. Last I checked (a while a go), not even Linux supported it.
Stuff.

User avatar
R-ten-K
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:36 pm
Location: Nor Cal

Re: Popped G5 case rivets

Unread postby R-ten-K » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:09 am

NVIDIA's Linux drivers do support SLI.
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a
pyramid with thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"

User avatar
zmttoxics
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:11 am

Re: Popped G5 case rivets

Unread postby zmttoxics » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:22 am

Yap, looks like it does now. I guess it was a matter of time.
Stuff.

User avatar
R-ten-K
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:36 pm
Location: Nor Cal

Re: Popped G5 case rivets

Unread postby R-ten-K » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:28 am

zmttoxics wrote:Yap, looks like it does now. I guess it was a matter of time.


I honestly can't wait to see what creative marketing approach Apple takes if/when they adopt multi-GPU technologies.

Rest assured that even though it is based on previous tech and it will be a half assed and crippled re-implementation, it will be "revolutionary" and thanks to Apple now made "easy" for the masses. I am betting a "Grand Central Pro" moniker will be involved somehow...
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a
pyramid with thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"


Return to “Apple”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest