Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:16 am 

Attachments:
Jobs.jpg
Jobs.jpg [ 71.47 KiB | Viewed 314 times ]

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:19 am 

If you look closely, you can see the thin nylon cables that articulate Steve's limbs while his sound-alike speaks into a microphone backstage.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:16 am 

ajerimez wrote:
If you look closely, you can see the thin nylon cables that articulate Steve's limbs while his sound-alike speaks into a microphone backstage.

If I were running sound at that conference, you can bet Danse Macabre would be playing quietly in the background :P

Probably wouldn't have a job long, hunh ?

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:16 pm 

I love f*cked up humor, but come on... the guy just underwent a liver transplant.

Frankly I am surprised he's back @ Apple so soon, those procedures take a long time to recover from.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:42 pm 

R-ten-K wrote:
I love f*cked up humor, but come on... the guy just underwent a liver transplant..

You don't have to be quite so peecee ... we laugh at Joan Rivers, why not Stevie ? What makes it funny is not that he looks like a skeleton but that he is so sensitive about everything. He probably will get all huffy about a funny mistake.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:15 pm 

Joan Rivers looks like an embalmed mummy by choice, no one (as far as I know) goes through a liver transplant out of their own preference.

There are many things to make fun of Mr. Jobs, yes he may be an insane perfectionist freak. I just find it a tad tasteless to make fun of people suffering medical conditions, that is all.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:26 am 

FWIW, I do have a tremendous admiration for Steve Jobs, and consider him to be one of America's great industrialists. He is without doubt a genius, an innovator, and an incredible talent, and I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

But quit being so sensitive, R-ten-K.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:56 am 

ajerimez wrote:
But quit being so sensitive, R-ten-K.

For what it is worth I believe people should be able to say all the crass jokes/opinions they want, I also believe people should be allowed to point out when they find those jokes tasteless. Communication being a two way street and all...

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have had a close family member undergo a similar procedure, so that may explain why I didn't find the amusement in this thread.

I'll move along, cheers ;-)

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:14 am 

R-ten-K wrote:
In the spirit of full disclosure ...

In the same spirit, last time I was in the hospital my face looked like a raccoon only in beautiful shades of purple, my hair was blown out like Bozo but all crusted with blood, my shoulders looked like a shot from Mondo Cane, my brain was in a daze (okay, more of a daze than usual) and two people who came to visit turned white and fainted when they walked in. I knew I was in bad shape because my brother brought a six-pack and I could only get thru one. In fact I had to pour half into the flowers so no one would know I couldn't drink it.

I thought it was funny as hell and wanted to go out to scare little kids trick-or-treating. Too bad it was July.

My friend was worse - he'd take off his heart monitor and bang it on the bed rails. When they took it away he'd pull the breathing tubes out and hook them together until the alarms went off. Then he'd stick them back in and look innocent when the nurses came rushing in.

So, maybe we look at these things differently. You gotta keep your sense of humour these days.