Page 4 of 4

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:21 am
by metallizer
Now that you mentioned it, that pic is pretty poor from ESD stand point.

I just never lost an electronic device due ESD discharge, humidity here is around 80%, in the midst of Atlantic Forest, with a river and waterfall nearby. :)

I have really bad ESD related habits because of it, when I travel I get zapped all the time.

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:41 pm
by pentium
guardian452 wrote:
metallizer wrote:SPB090035.jpg

It will take some time to build a system around these, I have some other projects going on.


rawr! the ESD cop is here to shut you down! I spy, with my little eye... a polyester carpet and nonconductive plastic bags. :twisted:
**ESD malarkey**


The super sensitivity of electronics to ESD is all in your head. :P

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:56 pm
by SAQ
pentium wrote:
guardian452 wrote:
metallizer wrote:SPB090035.jpg

It will take some time to build a system around these, I have some other projects going on.


rawr! the ESD cop is here to shut you down! I spy, with my little eye... a polyester carpet and nonconductive plastic bags. :twisted:
**ESD malarkey**


The super sensitivity of electronics to ESD is all in your head. :P


It depends on the specific electronics - some are, some aren't. 1970's MOS is fairly sensitive.

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:56 pm
by guardian452
New stuff, doesn't matter. It's hard to kill and even if you do nobody cares about a $.03 chip or $100 board.

Old stuff is more sensitive sometimes, and you can't just rush out to buy another one at the bigbuys store.

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:04 am
by SAQ
guardian452 wrote:New stuff, doesn't matter. It's hard to kill and even if you do nobody cares about a $.03 chip or $100 board.

Old stuff is more sensitive sometimes, and you can't just rush out to buy another one at the bigbuys store.


Speak for yourself, $100 boards ain't cheap, and the big problem is when the 3-cent chip isn't completely dead and you solder it in a particularly inaccessible location, put everything together, and then find out that you have oddities.

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:38 pm
by guardian452
hey I've done both of those. The worst is you don't know. Could be doa, could be esd, could be anything.

but generally, people don't care. Things, especially in the PC/wintel world, are expected to not work.

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:28 am
by QuicksilverG4
metallizer wrote:Just got my hands on these cards, it´s a targa 2000 rtx + breakout box + abekas dveous 3D effects card.

Where'd you find the Abekas card? I saw one included with a SDX on a ebay auction that had already ended a few months ago but rarely if ever before that. I've got an RTX setup on ebay - kinda hard to justify old SD hardware now that HD boards have gotten so much cheaper. Still curious though.

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:06 pm
by metallizer
Apparently it was all pulled away from a Scitex MicroSphere, like this:

Image

http://home.intekom.com/mcm/products/sphere/micro.htm

as you said, SD professional equipment is meaningless right now, the market moved to HD.

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:54 pm
by SAQ
guardian452 wrote:but generally, people don't care. Things, especially in the PC/wintel world, are expected to not work.


An absolute triumph of marketing, by the way.

"What do you mean by saying that you expect it to work? We don't do "work" anymore - we just take your money. Try buying the next version - it might be fixed in that one."

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:10 am
by hamei
metallizer wrote: ... in the midst of Atlantic Forest, with a river and waterfall nearby. :)

Jealous :( I used to have this dream ... (with an overshot water wheel tho)

mill_pond.jpg

but now I'm happy just to have an indoor toilet ....

SAQ wrote:"We don't do 'work' anymore - we just take your money."

Service economy ....

Re: Avid TrueVision drivers

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:07 am
by marmotta
Sorry for resuming this old post, but the link for Macintosh drivers is no longer work... someone have the driver or working link?