Adaptec 2100s? (SCSI)

Additional operating system/hardware discussion (Windows, Linux, *BSD and others)
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
shutitalldown

Adaptec 2100s? (SCSI)

Unread postby shutitalldown » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:19 am

has someone ever tried one of these cards in a non-x86 computer?
does it work?

they look interesting
I am tattooed in reverse, cause if you break rules you don't know where it leads.
But, say, all the venus in furs are so manically depressed and manically dressed.

Shiunbird
Donor
Donor

Re: Adaptec 2100s? (SCSI)

Unread postby Shiunbird » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:48 am

When I last looked at this, the Adaptec cards for Macs had different name (PowerDomain), and different firmware.
You could re-flash them as far as I remember.

There used to be Mac equivalent of most Adaptec cards.
ImageImage

shutitalldown

Re: Adaptec 2100s? (SCSI)

Unread postby shutitalldown » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 am

Adaptec was a good company for the most efficient way of turning storage concepts Into marketable product!, but in my opinion, recent Adaptec's products are simply junk. In 90's, unlike other engineering service providers, Adaptec helped guide customers throughout a product’s entire development cycle - from the initial planning and prototype stages through final production.

The rebranding of PC-product (high demand) for Apple PowerMacs (low demand) was a good example of this concept. But today they simply ignore OEM/ODM services designed for the industrial solution (here, a lot of time ago, you could ask a specific firmware for non-x86 systems), as they are for small volume production.
I am tattooed in reverse, cause if you break rules you don't know where it leads.
But, say, all the venus in furs are so manically depressed and manically dressed.

Return to “Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware”