I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

For friendly off topic discussion not covered in a forum above.
Forum rules
No politics, please.
User avatar
Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:01 pm
Location: near King George, Virginia
Contact:

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:29 am

commodorejohn wrote:Ain't nothin' illegal about having views, man. If there's evidence they're complicit in wrongdoing, then let the cops do what they do, but until then it's a free country and a free Internet.


Just because I said that I'd have no issue if they up.and disappeared doesn't mean I am against opposing viewpoints, other than the fact their service is complicit in violence.
:O3x02L: R16000 700MHz 8GB RAM kanna
:Octane: R12000 300MHz SI 896MB RAM yuuka
:Octane2: R12000A 400MHz V6 2.5GB RAM
:Indy: (Acclaim) R4600 133MHz XL Graphics 32MB RAM
:Indy: (Challenge S) R4600 133MHz (MIPS III Build Server)
Thinkpad W530 i7 3940XM 3GHz, 32GB, K1000M Windows 8.1 Embedded rin
Thinkpad R40 Pentium M 1.5GHz 2GB RAM kasha

Owner and operator of http://irix.pw

User avatar
Dodoid
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:36 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Contact:

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby Dodoid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:13 am

Mr. Fox,

I don't think supporting a raid on an organization or business simply because their views are opposed to yours is really the right way to go. You definitely don't have to agree with them or support their existence, and you're not alone if you don't, but that is not justification for a police raid. It's not illegal to disagree with you.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

User avatar
commodorejohn
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:22 pm
Contact:

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby commodorejohn » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:30 am

^ What he said.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600

User avatar
Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:01 pm
Location: near King George, Virginia
Contact:

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:37 am

Dodoid wrote:Mr. Fox,

I don't think supporting a raid on an organization or business simply because their views are opposed to yours is really the right way to go. You definitely don't have to agree with them or support their existence, and you're not alone if you don't, but that is not justification for a police raid. It's not illegal to disagree with you.


I normally would not go to this extreme except they are harboring people that are domestic terrorists, they know they are and won't turn them out on the streets like any company normally would and they are actively encouraging that use of their systems through flying the flag of the red/black star.

I have a strong feeling about this because my family comes from Spain and Portugal where in the post WWII era while Germany was floundering under the Weimar and Italy was turning to the black shirts (That's fascists for those who aren't familiar with them) we were getting our nations torn apart by civil war due to communist and left-wing anarchist forces trying to carve up our countries. Then finally in Portugal we got a man in power who quashed the rebellions, punished those responsible and restored people's love and devotion to Portugal while pulling us out of the depression the country was in.

I have strong feelings about this because I had family who lived through this period and told me when I was but a boy of the horrors of the anarchist revolutions.
:O3x02L: R16000 700MHz 8GB RAM kanna
:Octane: R12000 300MHz SI 896MB RAM yuuka
:Octane2: R12000A 400MHz V6 2.5GB RAM
:Indy: (Acclaim) R4600 133MHz XL Graphics 32MB RAM
:Indy: (Challenge S) R4600 133MHz (MIPS III Build Server)
Thinkpad W530 i7 3940XM 3GHz, 32GB, K1000M Windows 8.1 Embedded rin
Thinkpad R40 Pentium M 1.5GHz 2GB RAM kasha

Owner and operator of http://irix.pw

User avatar
commodorejohn
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:22 pm
Contact:

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby commodorejohn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:00 am

If they're complicit in actual criminal activity, they should be (and will be) held accountable by the law under normal due process. But part of what makes this country what it is that sympathizing with bad people isn't a crime. All of us have the right to be wrong, and the minute the government starts subverting that because some people make some other people uncomfortable, we're one step closer to fascism. That would be no different than the shit that went down under Joe McCarthy.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600

User avatar
Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:01 pm
Location: near King George, Virginia
Contact:

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:45 am

commodorejohn wrote:But part of what makes this country what it is that sympathizing with bad people isn't a crime. All of us have the right to be wrong, and the minute the government starts subverting that because some people make some other people uncomfortable, we're one step closer to fascism. That would be no different than the shit that went down under Joe McCarthy.


Joseph McCarthy was an extremist but as an anti-communist while I disagree with his actions I felt to some degree he had a right to be actively afraid of communism in the US.

Nor do I advocate for censorship, however I strongly believe that providing a platform for terrorism either out of ignorance or being fully aware of so is a bad thing. And that since RiseUp has actively refused to expel the far left terrorists from its services, it should be raided and its operators put on trial for accomplice to terrorism. I feel this is a reasonable position since many antifa groups are now considered by the FBI and DHS as domestic terrorists for their advocacy of killing people and actively assaulting people dubbed "Nazis", even a Jewish conservative like Ben Shapiro, who, while not someone I always agree with, isn't a Nazi.
:O3x02L: R16000 700MHz 8GB RAM kanna
:Octane: R12000 300MHz SI 896MB RAM yuuka
:Octane2: R12000A 400MHz V6 2.5GB RAM
:Indy: (Acclaim) R4600 133MHz XL Graphics 32MB RAM
:Indy: (Challenge S) R4600 133MHz (MIPS III Build Server)
Thinkpad W530 i7 3940XM 3GHz, 32GB, K1000M Windows 8.1 Embedded rin
Thinkpad R40 Pentium M 1.5GHz 2GB RAM kasha

Owner and operator of http://irix.pw

User avatar
commodorejohn
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:22 pm
Contact:

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby commodorejohn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:59 am

Oy gevalt.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600

User avatar
VenomousPinecone
Posts: 2148
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:10 pm
Location: Groom Lake, NV

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby VenomousPinecone » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 am

Not kissing commie ass makes you a conspiracy theorist, or worse, a nazi.

User avatar
Raion-Fox
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:01 pm
Location: near King George, Virginia
Contact:

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby Raion-Fox » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:36 pm

VenomousPinecone wrote:Not kissing commie ass makes you a conspiracy theorist, or worse, a nazi.


Like what a certain user who used to be on here told me the other day.

No, not our local Italian stalker dude.
:O3x02L: R16000 700MHz 8GB RAM kanna
:Octane: R12000 300MHz SI 896MB RAM yuuka
:Octane2: R12000A 400MHz V6 2.5GB RAM
:Indy: (Acclaim) R4600 133MHz XL Graphics 32MB RAM
:Indy: (Challenge S) R4600 133MHz (MIPS III Build Server)
Thinkpad W530 i7 3940XM 3GHz, 32GB, K1000M Windows 8.1 Embedded rin
Thinkpad R40 Pentium M 1.5GHz 2GB RAM kasha

Owner and operator of http://irix.pw

User avatar
Krokodil
Donor
Donor
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:32 pm
Location: The House of Particular Individuals

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby Krokodil » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:36 am

Raion-Fox wrote:
Like what a certain user who used to be on here told me the other day.

No, not our local Italian stalker dude.


We live in neo-marxist times. The future is going to be ugly.
:Octane2: - :O2: - :Octane: - :Indigo2IMP:

User avatar
foetz
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6575
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: I've Had It With Firefox - Alternatives I'm Exploring

Unread postby foetz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:23 am

okay guys this one has gone a bit out of line. please keep it friendly. if you need to vent take a martial arts course or something :P


Return to “Everything Else”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests