maxxi.desktop wrote:maxxi.desktop wrote:he's baaaaaack!
Sorry for the lack of updates. My health has been up and down for quite a while, but I think we've figured it out
1) HP acquired SGI... I've reopened the discussion and waiting for a reply
2) I retain the rights for MaXX and binaries/installers must come from maxxinteractive.com as of now.
3) Working on new code and looking for c,c++ and Java developers
4) Fedora 24 and Debian8/Ubuntu 16.04 are the supported releases
5) New links (see below)
6) Incremental releases will be the way to go.
7) New release dubbed Onyx is on the work
Writing technical documents to facilitate the involvement of contributors
Here are the main links:
main site : http://www.maxxinteractive.com
Correction: Fedora 24 is the version. Too many uncertainties for ABI compatibility, the intro of Wayland as default Windowing System and Python 3.6 (for anything Blender)
I wouldn't worry too much about Fedora 25 until it is closer to release. Fedora will have to include X.org still because Wayland + nvidia proprietary drivers currently does not work, and other desktops (XFCE, LxQT, plus the basic Window Managers like FVWM and Window Maker) do not support Wayland at this time (and I doubt that FVWM or Window Maker ever will). There again, the Fedora team has a history of just breaking things and not really caring, plus they have been trying to shove Wayland down our throats for what, six years now? Too many things at this time do not support Wayland for that to be the only option (plus they would break compatibility with other developers, like the TDE team, Mplayer, CDE, etc).
I think we all will be happy to have it working with Ubuntu 16.04 and Fedora 24 though