Setting up openssh TGCWARE on IRIX 5.3

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
MrBill

Setting up openssh TGCWARE on IRIX 5.3

Unread postby MrBill » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:10 pm

I have been using tgcware packages on my irix 5.3 install. Just about everything i could want is already a package.

I have some of the simple stuff installed, like nano as a text editor. I also installed openssh.

Stuff seems to get installed to /usr/tgcware

Do i need to create a symlink or something to make what is in the /tgcware/bin/ directory callable from the shell? How would i go about making such a thing permanant?

There also appears to be documentation in there as well, however it does not appear to be added to the man pages by default, i am guessing that another symlink would be needed, or i am just going about things in a backwards way.

This is on my Crimson #2 running irix 5.3. Overall the tgcware packages are great, i just need to figure out how to get to the docs/man pages to setup openssh.

Open to help / suggestions.
:Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane2: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo: :Indigo2: :Crimson:Image :Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2: :Onyx2: :Crimson:

foetz

Re: Setting up openssh TGCWARE on IRIX 5.3

Unread postby foetz » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:22 am

MrBill wrote:Do i need to create a symlink or something to make what is in the /tgcware/bin/ directory callable from the shell? How would i go about making such a thing permanant?

you have to add the bin dir to your $PATH as usual. whatever programs you wanna call directly have to be part of your $PATH which is the very reason for having $PATH :P
you might also need to add tgcware's lib dir to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH if some programs should start complaining about missing libs.

both should be set in your .cshrc unless you're not using the default shell.

jpstewart
Donor
Donor

Re: Setting up openssh TGCWARE on IRIX 5.3

Unread postby jpstewart » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Don't forget to set the MANPATH variable for the documentation, too.
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Indigo: :O3x0:
Sun SPARCstation 20, Blade 2500
HP C8000

Return to “IRIX and Software”