Cool (open source) software you would like to see ported...

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Dr. Dave

Re: Webradio

Unread postby Dr. Dave » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:13 pm

hamei wrote:
Thomas W. wrote:I do not want to make Webradio, i want to listen to existing Webradio.

I mean something like

Phonostar http://www.phonostar.com/

Mxaudio will play shoutcast streams. I used to listen to Radio Paradise sometimes but the connection was so bad I gave it up.

I listen to Radio Paradise all the time, works great with RealPlayer 8 for Irix, or any version of XMMS... they both can handle streaming media. Even runs great on my old Indigo. And the playlist links can be clicked right out of Mozilla. :)
:O3000: <> :O3000: :O2000: :Tezro: :Fuel: x2+ :Octane2: :Octane: x3 :1600SW: x2 :O2: x2+ :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: x2 :Indigo: x3 :Indy: x2+

Once you step up to the big iron, you learn all about physics, electrical standards, and first aid - usually all in the same day

loonvf

Unread postby loonvf » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:10 am

Hi Mare,

So you got Snes9x compiled and ready to run on your Octane?
Any chance that you can package it for Nekoware?
Or at least share the compiled software so that I can play some of my old games?

Thansk in advance.

Mare wrote:
Mare wrote:Snes9x would be great. I am having a go at this at the moment but the configure script seems pretty b0rked..

Ok, I have it built by setting the offending configure lines the the 'right' values and disabling sound. It runs quite well on my Dual 300/MXE Octane, needs frame skip on 1 or 2 but its very playable :D

Going to look at the opengl build next to see if that helps, though I am pretty sure its spending most of its time emulating the cpu rather than struggling graphics wise. It might be handy for scaling the image to a decent screen size though.

Mare

Unread postby Mare » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:04 am

loonvf wrote:Hi Mare,

So you got Snes9x compiled and ready to run on your Octane?
Any chance that you can package it for Nekoware?
Or at least share the compiled software so that I can play some of my old games?

I am currently working on getting the OpenGL version to run, currently it throws up some errors with the xserver, which luckily I have a good idea why (see it is worth learning how to code in xlib :twisted: ).

Aside from the xlib problems on the OpenGL binary, the normal one runs pretty well and only required very small source chances, mainly the messed up configure script (using MipsPro 7.4.3m and building with -o3 -mips4, though I am sure there are more optimisations that could be done that I don't know of). Once I have the GL one running I will detail what I did so a nekoware builder can package it up.

luchford

Unread postby luchford » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:02 am

I was happy to see there was a nekoware version of blackbox.

However, now it seems my windowmanager has been replaced by a puzzle game! :shock:

A nekoware version of either the Fluxbox or Blackbox WM would be very nice. :)

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:17 am

I was just looking but don't see a neko_windowmaker ? Am I blind or do we really not have one ?

hmv

Unread postby hmv » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:58 am

@ wrote:
4130photo wrote:I would really like to have ufraw http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Install.html ported, thats a plugin for gimp2.x for digital camera raw files...

+1 vote for ufraw.
It can be used as a standalone application, not only as gimp plugin.

Ufraw is pretty simple to build. If anyone wants to productise it (I'm not good at that sort of thing) my rough notes are as follows :-

ufraw 0.9.1 :-

export CC=c99
export CXX=CC
export CFLAGS="-LANG:std=off -OPT:IEEE_NaN_inf=ON -anach -O3 -mips4 -Dinline='' -I/opt/include"
export CXXFLAGS=-O3 -mips4 -I/opt/include -LANG:std=off

ufraw_preview.c :-
line 1608:
(gpointer) 2 + base_curve :-
(gpointer) (2+(int)base_curve));
line 1622:
(gpointer) 2 + luminosity_curve :-
(gpointer) (2+(int)luminosity_curve));
./configure --prefix=/opt --with-extra-prefix=/usr/nekoware

Weird C++ flags guessed at, but seem to allow it to be built.

Snafu

Unread postby Snafu » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:39 pm

OpenVPN
Easytag

joerg
Donor
Donor

Unread postby joerg » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:26 am

Snafu wrote:OpenVPN
Easytag

Well,
OpenVPN compiles without a error but it is not usable because IRIX have to tun/tap device. There is a generic opensource driver available for linux,solaris and *bsd so someone have to port this first.

Duno about Easytag. It would be usefull to add a short description and URL when posting a request here.

regards
Joerg

Ebbi

Re: Webradio

Unread postby Ebbi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:26 am

Thomas W. wrote:I do not want to make Webradio, i want to listen to existing Webradio.

Also very nice: http://www.pandora.com

VenomousPinecone

Unread postby VenomousPinecone » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:28 pm

Attempted build of easytag (sourceforge.net), was able to get about.c to work, then bar.c gave me over a hundred:

Code: Select all

a function call  is not allowed in a constant expression

F***ing gcc-isms. I tried cc, c99 and c89, but when every c file gives me a bitch fit and a half because of some sloppy code, I say tie a brick to its leg and drop it in the east river.

Maybe someone with a bit more skill could give it a crack. :wink:

hamei

Unread postby hamei » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:58 pm

this one looks kind of interesting and maybe useful for them old Indigo's sitting around doing not-much ...

http://www.musicpd.org/features.shtml

joerg
Donor
Donor

Unread postby joerg » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:19 am

hamei wrote:this one looks kind of interesting and maybe useful for them old Indigo's sitting around doing not-much ...

http://www.musicpd.org/features.shtml

I have placed neko_mpd-0.12.1 into our /beta directory. Please take a look and let me know if it works.

regards
Joerg

thorv

What to port ....?

Unread postby thorv » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:11 am

What I would like for christmas :

- a fast Web browser

- an astronomy compositing software such as IRIS (http://astrosurf.com/buil/us/iris/iris.htm)

- A divx player that runs fine

- An optimized version of einstein@home

- Google Earth

- Company Of Heroes (a pc game that runs weel with my A64 x2 4200+ / 2 Go ram and 6600GT) ;-)

wildhoney

Unread postby wildhoney » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:54 pm

And what about OpenOffice.org 2.0.x? :D

Dr. Dave

Unread postby Dr. Dave » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:57 pm

I think it's been mentioned before, but something like Audacity or any other really decent audio editor would probably make someone a hero if they could get it working.
:O3000: <> :O3000: :O2000: :Tezro: :Fuel: x2+ :Octane2: :Octane: x3 :1600SW: x2 :O2: x2+ :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: x2 :Indigo: x3 :Indy: x2+

Once you step up to the big iron, you learn all about physics, electrical standards, and first aid - usually all in the same day

Return to “IRIX and Software”