Irix daap(iTunes) server?

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
cypher

Irix daap(iTunes) server?

Unread postby cypher » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:33 pm

I am wondering if anyone has come across a daap (iTunes) server for irix.
I have been able to find a few under linux, but none that run under irix.

Cory5412

Unread postby Cory5412 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:39 pm

Hmm... I wonder if Apple's own Quicktime Streaming Server software would work? I've heard of people running it on Linux... it seems that if it's just a source tarball (or you can get it as such) then it would be easy enough to port it to IRIX along with whatever it requires...

It's not quite the iTunes Music Sharing thing you get right from iTunes... but for streaming purposes, it should work well enough. (Assuming it's actually possible to port it to IRIX... I really haven't looked that up... I just know that it's free from apple, and they've got it on their developer page too... might be something to look into.)
I [heart] the Performer Town Demo

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby nekonoko » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:43 pm

Cory5412 wrote:Hmm... I wonder if Apple's own Quicktime Streaming Server software would work? I've heard of people running it on Linux... it seems that if it's just a source tarball (or you can get it as such) then it would be easy enough to port it to IRIX along with whatever it requires...

http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/downloads/contr ... 437.tar.gz
http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/downloads/contr ... RIX.tar.gz

Probably not the latest versions anymore but it can definitely be run under IRIX.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

cvisors

Unread postby cvisors » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:07 pm

the daap server and qtss are slightly different things, daap "emulates" itunes sharing.

what it requires is Rendezvous, and the daap daemon. I may try and get Rendezvous running on IRIX as it would be a nice thing to have, and if I can get that working I will try and get daap running.

Benjamin
one you lock the target
two you bait the line
three you slowly spread the net
and four you catch the man

Front 242 Headhunter

Return to “IRIX and Software”