6.5.16f no longer available for DL

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Shtoink

Unread postby Shtoink » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:01 am

nekonoko wrote:Unfortunately SGI seems to be a bit random on who is able to download

hehehe
You got that right!
Last edited by Shtoink on Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisp

Entitlements

Unread postby lisp » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:20 pm

The website says I have the following entitlements - am I missing any?

News
Login
Search
Feedback
Register
Help Page
Man Pages
Open Case
Online Books
View Profile
Reset Password
Update Profile
View Case Status
Update/Close Case
Irix Patch/General
Linux Announcement
Irix Patch/Security
Irix OS Release/Open
Software License Keys
Irix Release Documentation
Software Product Knowledge
Systems Not Under Contract
Windows Drivers & Firmware
Irix OS Release Announcement
Linux Patches & Drivers (IA32)
--
lisa

RageX
Donor
Donor

Re: Developer online?

Unread postby RageX » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:45 pm

nekonoko wrote:
lisp wrote:I've got a developer online account, but it doesn't seem to give me any extra entitlements for downloading - do I have to do something special to enable it?

No, not that I'm aware of ... one thing to check would be to make sure your Supportfolio/Devloper Online account information matches as I've heard that can potentially cause the entitlements not to show. Unfortunately SGI seems to be a bit random on who is able to download what at the moment.

I signed up for a Developer Online account and it seems that my login works. However I don't seem to have any extra entitlements, or atleast none that I really care about. I have the same entitlements that Lisp has listed. When signing up I was told that I would be contacted by an SGI rep. to confirm various things and then my account would be activated or some such. Well no contact so far. As per matching my Supportfolio profile info to my Dev Central info ... when I signed up for Supportfolio a few years ago I was never asked for address and other contact info. All they seem to have on file is my email address and my phone number (all of which matches between accounts of course). I'm guessing this is because I've never had a support worthy machine. The end result is that though I've signed up for all this crap all I seem to get is access to critical patches/bug fixes and really old M-releases.

Now I read this on the SGI site:

Developer Online memberships are currently available to anyone, anywhere in the world, for FREE.

Developer Plus memberships can be applied for and approved on a case by case basis to anyone anywhere in the world, for FREE.

Last I checked Dev Plus wasn't free so I signed up for Dev Online. Is this my problem? Do all the goodies come with Dev Plus?

Anyone have similar experiences?

Return to “IRIX and Software”