sdlquake?

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
akimmet
Donor
Donor

sdlquake?

Unread postby akimmet » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:17 am

Has anyone tried compiling this to have a correctly working software quake1 port? I'd try myself, but I only have Irix 6.2 and SDL requires Irix 6.5...

As for quake2, it seems the quake2 source tree has enough there to compile correctly under 6.5 with only a few makefile and source tweaks. You may need the help of this patch for some of the fixes.
I can get Quake2 to compile under 5.3 and 6.2, but the audio code dosen't work right under 6.2 (it sounds horrible).

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: sdlquake?

Unread postby nekonoko » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:34 pm

akimmet wrote:Has anyone tried compiling this to have a correctly working software quake1 port? I'd try myself, but I only have Irix 6.2 and SDL requires Irix 6.5...

As for quake2, it seems the quake2 source tree has enough there to compile correctly under 6.5 with only a few makefile and source tweaks. You may need the help of this patch for some of the fixes.
I can get Quake2 to compile under 5.3 and 6.2, but the audio code dosen't work right under 6.2 (it sounds horrible).

I gave it a try just now and got hung up here:

Code: Select all

[Mika:~/sdlquake-1.0.9] neko 119% head d_copy.S
//
// d_copy.s
// x86 assembly-language screen copying code.
//

Looks like x86 assembly in there ...

Code: Select all

[Mika:~/sdlquake-1.0.9] neko 122% ls *.S
d_copy.S    d_parta.S   d_spr8.S   math.S      r_drawa.S  snd_mixa.S  sys_dosa.S
d_draw.S    d_polysa.S  d_varsa.S  r_aclipa.S  r_edgea.S  surf16.S    sys_wina.S
d_draw16.S  d_scana.S   dosasm.S   r_aliasa.S  r_varsa.S  surf8.S     worlda.S

Maybe there are C versions of these files and it can be worked around, I'm not certain. If that's the case, I'm surprised the "configure" script didn't set up a proper Makefile.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

akimmet
Donor
Donor

Unread postby akimmet » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:01 am

ick, I knew that was in the source tree, but I thought configure would do the right thing too... You do not need them to compile, and you can remove them from the Makefile because all refrences to that code in quake are under an #ifdef i386 (or some define named similarly)...

Return to “IRIX and Software”