A samba.tardist for IRIX 5.3?

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
joerg

A samba.tardist for IRIX 5.3?

Unread postby joerg » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:24 am

Someone have a download location of a older samba.tardist for IRIX 5.3 (indy)? I already have bloody hands from googling around. TGCware have no samba .... and also fw-5.3 list no samba at all.

regards
Joerg

tgc99

Re: A samba.tardist for IRIX 5.3?

Unread postby tgc99 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:08 pm

joerg wrote:Someone have a download location of a older samba.tardist for IRIX 5.3 (indy)? I already have bloody hands from googling around. TGCware have no samba .... and also fw-5.3 list no samba at all.

Unfortunately samba 3 is not currently working for Irix 5.3 or it would be in tgcware.

I was able to get a build done of 3.0.28 but it has some issues like not being able to read and write its tdb files. Since my C skills are rather limited I don't expect to be able to fix this.

-tgc
:PI: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane:

joerg

Unread postby joerg » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:30 pm

tgc99 wrote:
joerg wrote:Someone have a download location of a older samba.tardist for IRIX 5.3 (indy)? I already have bloody hands from googling around. TGCware have no samba .... and also fw-5.3 list no samba at all.

Unfortunately samba 3 is not currently working for Irix 5.3 or it would be in tgcware.

I was able to get a build done of 3.0.28 but it has some issues like not being able to read and write its tdb files. Since my C skills are rather limited I don't expect to be able to fix this.

-tgc

I have found a 1.9 tarball.

regards
Joerg

tgc99

Unread postby tgc99 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:54 am

tgc99 wrote:I was able to get a build done of 3.0.28 but it has some issues like not being able to read and write its tdb files. Since my C skills are rather limited I don't expect to be able to fix this.

Well contrary to expectations I found and fixed the problem and samba 3.0.28 is now available in tgcware for Irix 5.3 :D

-tgc
:PI: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane:

joerg

Unread postby joerg » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:02 am

I have droped the idea for using samba as a filebackup solution because of performance reasons. Currently using your rsync packages which are working great!

regards
Joerg

Return to “IRIX and Software”