Sidefx Houdini 6 apprentice

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
gighindro

Sidefx Houdini 6 apprentice

Unread postby gighindro » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:38 am

Since Sidefx drop (this month?) apprentice license code generation for all version of Houdini but v16, my v6 on Octane, won't start. There's a (legal) way to obtain one? thanks (and sorry for my english).

foetz

Re: Sidefx Houdini 6 apprentice

Unread postby foetz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 am

you have to ask sidefx

Intuition

Re: Sidefx Houdini 6 apprentice

Unread postby Intuition » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Oh man, that is a bummer.

I am working a gig in Santa Monica and the systems guy used to set up systems at locations for SGI and says he could setup a few things for me.

Houdini was one of the items on the list since they had setup the oldest license to work in Irix. :/

I think I'll write them and ask about a special case for Irix.

I know we have a strict policy here on Nekochan about software and licenses and I respect the site's needs greatly but as the years go on I am more concerned with preserving computer animation history than I am, or any software company, should be worried that somehow people pssobly getting a free ride on old machines and software. The software is still quite capable mind you... but at a far less capable pace than anything even offered for free at the current time. I couldn't get Pixar to even give me a piad for license of Renderman Artists tools. They said they have the files and everything but that they no longer have the ability to serve a license from there. No nodelocks. :/

Makes me realize my old install of RMS for Maya in windows xp64 is about as old as I'll ever get in Renderman history.
Image O2 - R12K-300 Mhz, 36 GB HD, 384 MB-RAM
Image O2 - R12K-400 Mhz 279 GB HD, 256 MB-RAM :1600SW: 1600sw
:O200: Origin 200 ??? Specs soon
aka Casey Christopher

Return to “IRIX and Software”