mips3 snes9x (gcc)

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
necron2600

mips3 snes9x (gcc)

Unread postby necron2600 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Attached is a compiled snes9x for mips3 using GCC and nekoware's mips3 tardists. I tried to find a copy in the wild.. no luck but maybe I did not look hard enough.

Works on a 150mhz R4k Indy (I'm using a sd2scsi card.. so disk IO is slower for me and its possible could cause some slowdowns.. not sure) with sound and all. Just its not super fun with fast games with a lot going on.. slowdowns are easy to see. Maybe some other games will be decent to play that are not as intensive as Super Mario World, etc..

I run it as follows to get ok (not great) performance:
./snes9x -SH -sound -nohdma -mono -soundquality 1 -f 12 -h 100 supermarioworld.smc

You can drag the window to make it larger.. also, note #5? key lets you swap joysticks.. one is usually a keyboard and another something sgi doesnt have.. usually it works fine without any toggles but if you find your keyboard not working then you may want to press #5 (or was it #6.. I forget .. it will tell you what you pressed in the window.. you want the one thats saying swapping joystick)

snes9x-mips3.tar
snes9x for mips3
(950 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

Return to “IRIX and Software”