mediaplayer movie screen capture: MVR Error on large resolution

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
necron2600

mediaplayer movie screen capture: MVR Error on large resolution

Unread postby necron2600 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:30 am

I was trying to capture my entire desktop on an Octane (Vpro) as a recording using mediarecorder by simply selecting the entire desktop area (1920x1200 resolution)

I get an error immediately:

Cannot read raw video or audio information from scratch files.
MVR Error

If I reduce the selected screen area (and thus the resolution captured) to somewhere under a resolution that has the volume roughly less than 1280x1024.. meaning I can capture 1521x647, 916x1199, or other permutations such as 1919x593,etc (wide).

I did try different settings in mediarecorder.. scratch disk location, frame rate reduction, no audio track, etc.. but it really seems to not like a large resolution.

I am assuming there is a resolution limitation within mediarecorder? Does anyone have any info/details on this? Workarounds? Other tools? I tried dmrecord but I could not seem to find if it could record whats on the desktop, unless I used an O2 (which an O2 would not allow me to use 1920x1200 resolution anyway).

(I apologize if my terminology and understanding of video and resolution is subpar... also the resolution tests are not scientific.. I am just selecting parts of the screen).

uunix
Donor
Donor

Re: mediaplayer movie screen capture: MVR Error on large resolution

Unread postby uunix » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:06 pm

I think (and I may be wrong) but, I tried something similar with videoIn & videoOut, and because I was viewing what I was recording it created an infinite loop and destroyed the universe.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

nongrato

Re: mediaplayer movie screen capture: MVR Error on large resolution

Unread postby nongrato » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:47 pm

I do a lot of screen recordings (www.youtube.com/channel/UCkq5rVMip-ejhHJgx5XcfhA) and from my own experience I can assume full-screen capture is only possible with a specific hardware, like personal video option for Octane.
:Octane2: :320:

Return to “IRIX and Software”