Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:13 am
Posts: 235
Location: Spain
Hello,
the last week I reinstalled Irix in all my machines. Both O2 and Octane have 6.5.21f and 6.5.30 using two hard disks. To copy files and software from my NAS to the Irix machines I'm using FTP so I installed neko_gftp, but I have problems with the window display:
Attachment:
image1.jpg
image1.jpg [ 317.17 KiB | Viewed 360 times ]

I have tested with both Irix releases and being root and standard user. I can't see any error in the console using my Octane with 6.5.30 (is the machine I'm using now).

Any idea?

edit: reupload of image file.

_________________
Alberto
:Fuel: :Octane2: :1600SW: :O2: :O2: :1600SW:
http://www.f3b.es
http://unixverse.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:10 pm
Posts: 9722
Titox wrote:
Hello,
the last week I reinstalled Irix in all my machines. Both O2 and Octane have 6.5.21f and 6.5.30 using two hard disks. To copy files and software from my NAS to the Irix machines I'm using FTP so I installed neko_gftp, but I have problems with the window display:

You might try axyftp. It's in /beta and I've been using it for a while. It's Motif and fits in with Irix well, altho the widgets are one-offs. Performance seems good altho it's a little quirky.

Another thing, if you put this in /Development perhaps it would be useful to people interested in working on nekoware ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:13 am
Posts: 235
Location: Spain
hamei wrote:
You might try axyftp. It's in /beta and I've been using it for a while. It's Motif and fits in with Irix well, altho the widgets are one-offs. Performance seems good altho it's a little quirky.

Installed. Very nice and works OK. I like!
hamei wrote:
Another thing, if you put this in /Development perhaps it would be useful to people interested in working on nekoware ?

I don't understand. To move this message to the Development forum? Anyway I don't like GFTP. Never liked it. Now AxyFTP is what I wanted and fill my needs. I will setup a NFS server on my NAS (I had it sometime ago but I moved to new NAS).

Thank you very much

_________________
Alberto
:Fuel: :Octane2: :1600SW: :O2: :O2: :1600SW:
http://www.f3b.es
http://unixverse.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:10 pm
Posts: 9722
Titox wrote:
I don't understand. To move this message to the Development forum? Anyway I don't like GFTP. Never liked it. Now AxyFTP is what I wanted and fill my needs.

Thanks for trying it out and reporting back. I'm on a crusade to clean up nekoware beta as much as possible so if you have a minute, could you start one or two threads in the development forum ? One for axyftp to say "it works !" and one for gftp to say "It has problems for me with color pollution" ... I'm hoping we can clean up beta a little, get some of the better tardists accepted into current then try to generate some interest in building nekoware packages. A computer without software is pretty useless.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:13 am
Posts: 235
Location: Spain
hamei wrote:
One for axyftp to say "it works !"

Done.
hamei wrote:
I'm on a crusade to clean up nekoware beta as much as possible

Help on this was the reason to install 6.5.21f in my machines. Unfortunately I don't have alot of free time to do tests. Well, now I have my Octane and O2 ready for test packages and I will help as I have time. My Fuel has a bad graphics card so no IP35 test until next month.

_________________
Alberto
:Fuel: :Octane2: :1600SW: :O2: :O2: :1600SW:
http://www.f3b.es
http://unixverse.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:19 am
Posts: 754
Mandelbulber actually had the same problem on my Octane, because I hadn't bothered to set the default visual to true color yet. The usual "-depth 24 -class TrueColor" in /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers fixed that. Either this is a bug in gtk(2? +?) or it just "works as desiged," but I don't think it 's a problem specific to gftp.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:13 am
Posts: 235
Location: Spain
canavan wrote:
Mandelbulber actually had the same problem on my Octane, because I hadn't bothered to set the default visual to true color yet. The usual "-depth 24 -class TrueColor" in /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers fixed that. Either this is(a bug in gtk(2? +?) or it just "works as desiged," but I don't think it 's a problem specific to gftp.


Thank you. I forgot this. Now works as expected.

_________________
Alberto
:Fuel: :Octane2: :1600SW: :O2: :O2: :1600SW:
http://www.f3b.es
http://unixverse.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group