Nekoware on 6.5.30

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
millhouse513

Nekoware on 6.5.30

Unread postby millhouse513 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Hello,

I recently got an Octane 2 and installed 6.5.30 to it. I've got the DINA appliance setup and sync'd with nekoware (current as of yesterday). I installed the installfirst utility and rebooted. When I logged back in I can't right click-> install on any of the nekoware.

I've also launched the software installer and tried to simply install all of the nekoware. I had a few conflicts, but once I resolved those (around 6) I went to install and while trying to do pre-installation checks the software manager segfaults.

I don't know much about Irix and to be honest I've never had the installer crash on me before (but that's not saying too much as I hadn't been in a position where I could install gobs of software :))... What am I doing wrong?

duck

Re: Nekoware on 6.5.30

Unread postby duck » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm not familiar with DINA, do you access the packages over NFS? I can repeatedly segfault inst (on 6.5.29) by feeding it a relative path on NFS to -f, an absolute path works.
:Octane: halo, octane
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.

millhouse513

Unread postby millhouse513 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:41 am

Ah, DINA is a network appliance made by debug that helps keep nekoware sync'd and current.

DINA link: http://dina.harrydebug.com/

I am installing over nfs. I can try to run inst -f tonight and give it an absolute path and see how that works..

SAQ

Unread postby SAQ » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:12 pm

You need to install Nekoware in several chunks. SGI never dreamed that anyone would use Inst/SWMgr to install that many packages at once.
Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)

Return to “IRIX and Software”