Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Post subject: Personal IRIS Manual Set
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:24 am 

Hi folks,

I recently obtained a personal IRIS with a complete documentation set, circa 1990/1991. I'm in the process of scanning everything and getting it uploaded to bitsavers. I checked SGI techpubs and all the IRIS GL and older IRIX documentation does not appear to be on there. If it's already online from SGI techpubs, I'd like to know that since they have PDFs generated from source and not from scans.

Completed scans are in http://bitsavers.org/pdf/sgi/iris4d/.

I publish an RSS feed for bitsavers so you can use that to get notified of new documents as they appear. (Look for category 'sgi'.)

Of particular interest to developers will be the FORTRAN documentation and the IRIS GL documentation.

:IRIS3130: :4D220VGX: :4D220VGX: :PI: :PI: :PI: :PI: :PI: :PI: :PI: :Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Fuel:
:Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2:
:Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 pm 

OK, IRIS GL user guide and reference are uploaded!

Graphics Library Reference Manual C Edition v4.0 Sep, 1990

Graphcis Library Programming Guide v2.0 May, 1990

:IRIS3130: :4D220VGX: :4D220VGX: :PI: :PI: :PI: :PI: :PI: :PI: :PI: :Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Fuel:
:Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2:
:Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 am 

All the manuals I had are scanned and have been uploaded to bitsavers. I have also added them all into manx.

If anyone else has scanned Personal IRIS or IRIS terminal manuals and has them online, please post the URL so I can add them to manx.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:31 am 

Sweet, thanks for sharing Richard!