Personal IRIS Manual Set

IRIX and IRIX software discussion including open source and commerical offerings.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
legalize

Personal IRIS Manual Set

Unread postby legalize » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:24 am

Hi folks,

I recently obtained a personal IRIS with a complete documentation set, circa 1990/1991. I'm in the process of scanning everything and getting it uploaded to bitsavers. I checked SGI techpubs and all the IRIS GL and older IRIX documentation does not appear to be on there. If it's already online from SGI techpubs, I'd like to know that since they have PDFs generated from source and not from scans.

Completed scans are in http://bitsavers.org/pdf/sgi/iris4d/.

I publish an RSS feed for bitsavers so you can use that to get notified of new documents as they appear. (Look for category 'sgi'.)

Of particular interest to developers will be the FORTRAN documentation and the IRIS GL documentation.

legalize

Re: Personal IRIS Manual Set

Unread postby legalize » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 pm

legalize

Unread postby legalize » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:34 am

All the manuals I had are scanned and have been uploaded to bitsavers. I have also added them all into manx.

If anyone else has scanned Personal IRIS or IRIS terminal manuals and has them online, please post the URL so I can add them to manx.

smj

Unread postby smj » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:31 am

Sweet, thanks for sharing Richard!
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L:- :A3502L: :1600SW:+MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun, DG AViiON, NeXT :Cube:

Return to “IRIX and Software”