Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:08 pm 

geo wrote:
... after one of my paesano has his near death experience (police raid while he...) i think its wise not to take that risk hehehe time to hunt on another new forest... HK :)

HK ? Eeeuw. All the HK people love guangdong because of the girls. Taiwan people love guangdong because of the girls. Everyone loves guangdong because of the girls :) You're just in the wrong place. Shenzhen is kind of nasty.

Funny about the "raid." They have to bust the girl stores occasionally for appearances but the local cops will never do it, they have to bring in cops from the next town over. Then the next town reciprocates. Of course the local gov't accidentally mentions the upcoming event to their friendly local establishment. So once upon a time the local police were talking to their friends down at the club and mentioned that NEXT TUESDAY there will be a BIG EVENT in YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD.

Oh, gottit.

Next Tuesday at ten after midnight the cops arrive. "What the hell are all these people doing here ? Didn't anyone tell you ?"

Crap. We thought you meant Tuesday Tuesday, not five after midnight on Monday ... 400 girls, off to the pokey. What a waste :D

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:17 pm 

smj wrote:
If you're using rlogin/rsh, make sure you've set up $HOME/.rhosts for the accounts in question, or /etc/hosts.equiv for each participating system - in addition to making sure the accounts exist and the UIDs match. See the man pages for rsh(1) and hosts.equiv(5).

thanks smj, last night i check on both machine and both host.equiv only contains localhost. i didnt find the .rhost file for both, is this normal? i think as long as i have host.equiv, no .rhost is fine right?

SAQ wrote:
UID is the important one. If you have the same GIDs then it can make some admin simpler, but is not necessary (the local system is responsible for groups, so if the UID is in the right group it has access).

hi SAQ, ok i already modify my passwd file and both machines now have identical UID for all users, even the GID ;) but still Connection refused on my O2 side :(

BUT! i think i remember to modify something on my inetd.conf but not sure on which machine, coz i followed this http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/IRIX_Installation_and_Customization during setup, i will check later and hopefully the one i commented out is the culprit. not sure if those services listed affects this but hehe sorry noob here, but will try

hamei wrote:
HK ? Eeeuw.
hehehe yup! me and my buddy try it in mongkok, lesson learned is go early and choose from first batch, its fresh meat ;)

hamei wrote:
All the HK people love guangdong because of the girls. Taiwan people love guangdong because of the girls. Everyone loves guangdong because of the girls
hahaha i know!! you familiar with dongguan? before, our boss always treat us ktv there and wow!! cant believe my eyes :) lots of yummy2x hehe nyway those were the fun days.. :)

hamei wrote:
You're just in the wrong place. Shenzhen is kind of nasty.
hehe its ok i thank God for that, just to minimize my sins ;) but trust me, ive been to those "right" places in shenzhen? its heaven or hell for both expats n locals ^^

hamei wrote:
Funny about the "raid." They have to bust the girl stores occasionally for appearances but the local cops will never do it, they have to bring in cops from the next town over. Then the next town reciprocates. Of course the local gov't accidentally mentions the upcoming event to their friendly local establishment. So once upon a time the local police were talking to their friends down at the club and mentioned that NEXT TUESDAY there will be a BIG EVENT in YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD.

Oh, gottit.

Next Tuesday at ten after midnight the cops arrive. "What the hell are all these people doing here ? Didn't anyone tell you ?"

Crap. We thought you meant Tuesday Tuesday, not five after midnight on Monday ... 400 girls, off to the pokey. What a waste

hahahaha this is a nice one hehe feel sorry to those poor girls, hope them well :)

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:55 pm 

geo wrote:
... you familiar with dongguan?

I was there when it was just a wide spot in the road ... at the time, the girl stores would make you leave a deposit if you took them off-premises :) Sometimes they'd have two-for-one sales. "My turn ! no, mine ! hey, you just had a turn. Now I want some." A friend of mine has had a factory there since before it was nothing. Even in the north tho, beforetimes you'd go to a restaurant and the hostess would meet you, "How many people ? Six ? Okay. How many girls do you need ?" Ja, have a few nsfw stories ... too bad I don't live in the land of the free, sometimes it makes me sad to be so oppressed here in totalitarian China.

I can't imagine what's wrong with your remote displaying tho. I've never had even the barest hint of a problem with that. Strange. Report back with what you screwed up :P I never use "guest", that seems like junk. Make the same user on both machines - a real user - and I bet you don't have any more problems.

geo wrote:
feel sorry to those poor girls

Foreigner mistake. Don't ever feel sorry for a Chinese girl. May as well feel sorry for a lioness or a female shark. Cute and fun and pretty and sociable as they are, those ktv girls would tear your heart out and eat it on teevee for a dollar. For an extra dollar they'd give a cooking lesson with it first.

Did you know that Napoleon's soldiers were not afraid of any army anywhere but they were terrified of the women who stripped the battlefields the day after ?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 pm 

hamei wrote:
I was there when it was just a wide spot in the road ... at the time, the girl stores would make you leave a deposit if you took them off-premises Sometimes they'd have two-for-one sales. "My turn ! no, mine ! hey, you just had a turn. Now I want some." A friend of mine has had a factory there since before it was nothing. Even in the north tho, beforetimes you'd go to a restaurant and the hostess would meet you, "How many people ? Six ? Okay. How many girls do you need ?" Ja, have a few nsfw stories ... too bad I don't live in the land of the free, sometimes it makes me sad to be so oppressed here in totalitarian China.
hahaha really? wow you really had a great time here, wish i came here as early as you hehe geez guess that make us two here.. i wonder what will happen after they elect a new leader..

hamei wrote:
I can't imagine what's wrong with your remote displaying tho. I've never had even the barest hint of a problem with that. Strange. Report back with what you screwed up I never use "guest", that seems like junk. Make the same user on both machines - a real user - and I bet you don't have any more problems.
don't worry coz i already fix it!!! the culprit was indeed the inetd.conf that i commented some services coz i followed the customization that was mentioned on the wiki, now i can us my octanes toolchest, yahoo!!! but hmm when i try to run firefox or mplayer, it seems im still running the app from local machine which is O2 coz i notice the speed and also mplayer didnt work as expected on my O2, does it mean only the toolchest was remotely accessed? do i still need to configure on my Octane to which apps can be run remotely? sorry for this noob question, i can search the forum but just use this time to ask for a quick solution :) oh one thing tho, is there any difference if i set my Octane as headless or not? in theory, it does boost the performance if its headless right?

hamei wrote:
Foreigner mistake. Don't ever feel sorry for a Chinese girl. May as well feel sorry for a lioness or a female shark. Cute and fun and pretty and sociable as they are, those ktv girls would tear your heart out and eat it on teevee for a dollar. For an extra dollar they'd give a cooking lesson with it first.
hahaha i know, but sometimes I'm weak and feel sorry for them, just human here :) but yeah, as what my HK bank girl told me, "beware of mainland girls".. indeed :)

hamei wrote:
Did you know that Napoleon's soldiers were not afraid of any army anywhere but they were terrified of the women who stripped the battlefields the day after ?
waaah really? where did you get this hehe got goose bumps now hehe

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:20 pm 

hi guys! ok just to properly close this topic, will answer my question of a simple fix :) the main culprit was on my Octane i did change my inetd.conf following the customization suggested on our wiki. returning it back to normal same as on my O2, then was able to access toolchest remotely on both ends ;)

about remote apps, i just confirmed that i was wrong, firefox indeed run from my Octane, speed is noticeable compared to run firefox locally on O2.

for mplayer, also confirmed indeed running on my Octane due to speakers sounded on my Octane while playing with mp3. but when playing movie, it reminds me that movie still will use the local gfx display of O2 in which we know cannot handle such task well :(

so i guess that's all, case close :) thanks everyone for your time! my apology not able to remember about inetd.conf, really noob here hehe

ciao!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:08 pm 

geo wrote:
... when playing movie, it reminds me that movie still will use the local gfx display of O2 in which we know cannot handle such task well :(

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. The O2 graphics does indeed work well, just not with the code in mplayer :(

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:32 pm 

hamei wrote:
just not with the code in mplayer

oh! so does it mean if only mplayer was coded well to support O2's special architecture, its possible to watch these movies just like watching on my Octane or any latest PC right?

irix media player utilize the ICE of O2, the only thing needed is the codec used by the movie should be supported right? if not supported, is there a way to make it support?

i tried the divx player made by someone which mentions it use the ICE too, but still no success..

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 pm 

geo wrote:
oh! so does it mean if only mplayer was coded well to support O2's special architecture, its possible to watch these movies just like watching on my Octane or any latest PC right?

In theory ... if you look around here (several threads about porting mplayer) and bother dexter1 and squeen and a few other people, you can find out how mplayer was optimized for VPro. Then decipher how ICE works and see how to optimize for the O2 graphics. Then re-do mplayer to perform well on O2. Then maybe update the cpu to 600 mhz. Heck, redo the prom while you're at it and go to 900 mhz.

Nothing to it :P

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:55 am 

hamei wrote:
n theory ... if you look around here (several threads about porting mplayer) and bother dexter1 and squeen and a few other people, you can find out how mplayer was optimized for VPro. Then decipher how ICE works and see how to optimize for the O2 graphics. Then re-do mplayer to perform well on O2. Then maybe update the cpu to 600 mhz. Heck, redo the prom while you're at it and go to 900 mhz.

hi hamei, already read all about mplayer porting done here, really salute to them ;) ok, correct me if I'm wrong, i read many articles and post about ICE, what i understand is ICE is just to encode and decode supported image files, or manipulate them.. and few OpenGL functions can use ICE if needed.. question is if mplayer plays unsupported formats like xvid, it has his own codec to decode that format which uses main CPU right? in what way can ICE help coz it only be used for supported image files? or does it mean ICE can help on pixel drawing while main CPU is busy decoding the images? or is this way redundant? also one question, what is the fastest way to draw a pixel on an O2, through OpenGL? or through native X? hehe sorry for these noob questions. oh! not sure if i can ask it here but where can we get the code for the latest neko_mplayer? i downloaded the latest mplayer from their site and checked the difference, what i notice is the sgi/opengl, this is the one dext/squeen and co. did right?

hehehe for CPU mode, yeah also had on mind but just queue this first ;)