XLV / XVM requirements

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
shrek

XLV / XVM requirements

Unread postby shrek » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:37 am

Hi,

I just received two extra disks for my Origin and wanted to start experimenting with a RAID0 stripe.
However I don't know where the software resides.
I fired up the software manager and opened my 6.5.20m directory. After I selected XVM it tells me it has an unresolved dependencie eoe.sw.xlm however I don't know wat CD to use to resolve this dependency.
Pointers on what media I need to resolve XLV dependency (eoe.sw.xlv) are also welcome.

nekonoko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XLV / XVM requirements

Unread postby nekonoko » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:49 am

shrek wrote:Hi,

I just received two extra disks for my Origin and wanted to start experimenting with a RAID0 stripe.
However I don't know where the software resides.
I fired up the software manager and opened my 6.5.20m directory. After I selected XVM it tells me it has an unresolved dependencie eoe.sw.xlm however I don't know wat CD to use to resolve this dependency.
Pointers on what media I need to resolve XLV dependency (eoe.sw.xlv) are also welcome.

The clue is in the package name:

eoe.sw.xlv

eoe.* is the "IRIX Execution Environment, 6.5.XX" package. Anything listed after the root package (eoe.xxx.xxx) is just a subsystem of that same package. To install subsystems, expand the IRIX Execution Environment, 6.5.XX parent and select the desired subsystem.

Base eoe.* lives on Foundation 1. Your 6.5.20m overlay will also be required.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

shrek

Unread postby shrek » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:13 am

Thank you Neko, I must have overlooked it!

max_impact

Unread postby max_impact » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:29 pm

Also, if you want to use the XVM gui (useless IMHO), you need to be on the feature stream IIRC.

Return to “SGI: Discussion”