..by the way, do you know what is the most powerful single rack-chassis system?
What is 'powerful' supposed to mean?
Does the system:
- consume the most power?
- have the fastest CPU clock speed?
- have the most CPU cache?
- highest number of transactions per cycle?
- highest number of transactions per second?
- highest number of interconnects?
- highest efficiency of CPUs?
- least drop off of CPU efficiency as the CPU count increases?
- lowest latency between furthest CPUs?
- lowest cost per transaction?
- highest throughput per transaction?
- highest peak throughput?
- highest sustained throughput?
- throughput between what and where? CPU and main memory? or disk?
- and what's a transaction? LINPACK? Oracle? DB2? What type of transaction in those databases?
And I could go on.
Any numeric comparison between *different* computers is essentially useless.
There is no 'most powerful' uber system
I can show you a client who thinks their Origin 200 database server is the most powerful computer they have - even though it has less CPUs than their Sun E6800.