Nekochan Net

Official Chat Channel: #nekochan // irc.nekochan.net
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:37 am 

I'm trying to configure my Indy to work with my modem.
I've followed the "heuristic" way (aka: Widard) by first adding the modem and then the PPP connection with that modem but it doesn't works.
The PPP panel says that it's opening the connection for about 2 seconds and then simply states that the connection is closed.
My modem doesn't actually exist so I selected USRobotics 28800: I've tried using other modems with no results (they are not accepted during the modem configuration).
I've also tryed the resources on the internet but they seems to describe the same process that I've followed.
Then I've started to mess with the configuration files and I've noticed that my modem was configured with "212" and "hayes24" parameters while it appears that there are also "usr" options using those there it is a lot mode communication with the modem, but still non connection (the modem doesn't even pickup the line!).

Anyone can help me?
Thanks a lot
Marco/Sat

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:57 am 

Well now, in general modems are modems, meaning while you may not get the best performance, MOST modems you pick should setup the modem to dial out...

Do you have the sound turned on on your modem, if so do you hear it getting a dialtone and then dialing? One issue i've had int he past is, the modem won't get a dialtone right away (be it because I had voicemail which means it would do that "beeping" when you first pick up the phone or other reasons)... so it would think there was no dialtone and give up. That would give the 2 seconds or so of trying to connect and then giving up probably...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:56 am 

Some additional information:
1) I'm using one of those black USR boxes with volume slider and plenty of lights... the modem is not picking up the line at all!
2) I'm using a standard home phone line (no PBX, no strange stuff works perfectily from my x86 with the same modem)
3) modem lights flash for a fraction of a second when I ask for the establishment of the PPP connection (platform modem setup)
4) modem lights stay on for some seconds with "usr" hacking in the configuration file.
Please help me :cry:

Marco/Sat

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:11 pm 

Some evolutions in my attempts to connect my Indy to the Internet using a modem.
I have found out that either the Indy Serials ot my adaptor cable (is one of the ┬░spacemouse┬░ adaptors) is not working correctly with the hardware handshaking.
Changing the modem configuration to use ttyd2 instead of ttyf2 (the "f" was selected by the installer) made me able to make an actual call.
It seemed to work before cause the default port speed for the USR28800 is 115200 and hence the Indy messed up totally when tring to get the "OK" from the modem.
Now I can place the call, but I still have problems as it seems that my machine and the ISP are not able to negotiate the IP address for the port.
I have a trace available if some expert is willing to help me!

Thanks
Marco/Sat :(