sgistuff.net is broken, so here's my workaround.

Open discussion on or around SGI; software/hardware related posts should go in the appropriate subforum.
Forum rules
Any posts concerning pirated software or offering to buy/sell/trade commercial software are subject to removal.
Dodoid

sgistuff.net is broken, so here's my workaround.

Unread postby Dodoid » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:51 am

As anyone who has checked sgistuff.net in the past few days has found out, the site doesn't work anymore. Rather than loading the page, your browser will try to download it instead. This is because the site sends the wrong content-type in its response, sending application/x-httpd-php instead of text/html. In order to browse the site, you will need to use an extension to change the content-type.

The most up-to-date extension that does this is Mason, but it doesn't work on Firefox 57+, so you will need to install either Firefox ESR 52 or, as I did, Waterfox, which is still at version 56. Not sure what does this on Chrome/Safari/IE/Opera, but Mason on older FF works. In the Mason preferences, you need to configure a rule in the User Defined list, with the following settings:

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 2.45.00 PM.png

To change the new content type for "Function", you will need to click the Config... button and enter it into the popup.

Click OK here and apply the main Mason settings window. SGIStuff pages should now display in-browser properly. I emailed Gerhard, the admin of the site, to let him know about the problem, but in the mean time, this is a usable workaround.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

josehill

Re: sgistuff.net is broken, so here's my workaround.

Unread postby josehill » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:50 pm

You're a good citizen, Dodoid. Thanks!

Dodoid

Re: sgistuff.net is broken, so here's my workaround.

Unread postby Dodoid » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 7.24.21 PM.png

This fix works to load the pages, but some parts are still... a little weird.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image

Return to “SGI: Discussion”